Male Cat Gone Missing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Male Cat Gone Missing

Hi All

My Male cat who has been fixed has gone missing. He is gone four days now and this is the first time he has ever done this. He is a creature of habit and always comes home for dinner and loves the comfort of his bed and in most cases mine!

I have put posters up, called all the shelters and vets in the area, called to neighbours and been out everyday and night looking for him.

I hate to think it but I think he might be dead. I just wondered if anyone who had a male fixed cat ever had a problem like this before? Someone said cats always go roaming but I didn't think they did it they were fixed. Also he never strayed before. He is only 18mths old so still only a baby in my eyes.

I miss him so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Re: Male Cat Gone Missing

He is a baby! You're doing all the right things. Have you tried hanging a sweaty shirt on your porch? Also, sit out in the wee hours with some strong smelling cat food, and call him. He could be close by. Sometimes they wander into a neighbors garage or garden shed, so I would check that out also.

His wandering could be because his hormones are still active for a while after the neutering, and he might be looking for a female. Most of us in the US keep our cats indoors as our roads are so busy, and even in Western PA coyotes have been spotted in the last few years. I would panic if one of my cats got out.

I am praying your "baby" comes home. Does he have a name tag? You can be sure we will all be hoping he comes home. God bless and don't give up!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi jeanie

Thanks so much for the tips ill try them. I'm from Ireland and I live in a very remote area so i'm worried that a Fox or Badger may have got him.

I'll try and stay optimistic you just never know he might come back. He was fixed a little under a year ago but maybe Toms chased him off you never know.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Premier Cat

Perhaps you could go out with a flashlight (I think called a torch over the pond) in the early evening, or as day is breaking to see if you could catch a glow of his eyes. Cats like to hang out under bushes, etc. so you might not see his body, but you could pick up his eyes.

Paws are crossed tight that he wanders on home with a few good stroies to tell you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Premier Cat

Sorry to hear your Tom is missing. I had a neutered male cat missing for 5 days. He was depressed after his buddy had passed. He did return home. I walked every day calling his name and searching for him. Dont give up hope.

We have coyotes where we live even in the residental areas. When you let a cat indoor/outdoor there is always the chance something may happen. Cars, coyotes, hawks, mean people etc. But its important not to give up hope. Contact your neighbors to keep any eye out too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Premier Cat

I once had a cat who went missing for a week, and came back smelling like he had been bathed.
Don't give up hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page