Miscellaneous Miu tales - I'm bursting, I just gotta gush! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Miscellaneous Miu tales - I'm bursting, I just gotta gush!

Being a first time cat owner, all her antics are new, funny, amusing and exciting to me. I learned cats are so much more entertaining than dogs are! So here are some cute and/or funny ones.

We have little cardboard boxes all over the house. She loves sitting in them. Don't get me wrong, we also have cat/dog beds all over too. Spoilt rotten, my children are! Anyways, you'll come out of the bathroom and see her sitting there in the box waiting for you. It's funny because that box is a tight fit as she's sitting upright.

We have cat perches at the windows. One of them is in my room. As soon as I open the door, she dashes top speed to the perch and then watches the birds for a while. We also have one on the ground floor where the dog also 'perches'. Some days when I come home from work, I see the two of them sitting side-by-side staring at me as I come up the walk. Darn cute!

Miu is acting more and more like a dog. She comes when called, stops bad behavior when told no about 75% of the time. She follows me around like a child, as long as I'm in sight it's all good, but if I go into a 'forbidden room' and shut the door, she cries for me. When the doorbell rings, she must race over to see who it is.

She's typical cat-fastidious-clean. However, she takes it over the top by wanting to clean stuff that's none of her business such as the dog's indoor 'rainy day' litter box. If I don't get to it in time, you can hear her scratching away. She doesn't touch the pee, just scratches around it like she's trying to gather all the 'pee-cooties' in one place. She'll also attempt to gather 'water-cooties' around a sink drain as well. You can't use a sink in her presence. Surprisingly, she leaves the kitchen sink alone. She seems to only want to clean the bathroom and laundry sinks.

Oh, I wonder if others have cats who do this? When she sleeps, sometimes, she'll stretch her arms out wide and then wrap them around her face. It's so adorable! Or if she's sleeping and you put your hand under her arm, she'll hug it tight against her body and sleep while holding it in her embrace.

She's also become quite vocal after getting used to us and the living quarters. When she comes into a room that you're in, she'll say hi. She also has the typical, feed me I'm hungry mew except, she does a long drawn out one. It's funny because you'll be heading to the kitchen, she'll be behind you. As she catches up, she starts wailing 'feed me!!!', then she passes you and rounds a corner, still wailing 'I'm Huuuunnngryyyy". Basically, you end up hearing her wailing but you don't see her because she overshot you.

Long post, but I had to gush. I swear, I'm no longer a dog person..(sorry Rocky...but I still love you!)...I'm officially a cat person now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Miscellaneous Miu tales - I'm bursting, I just gotta gush!

Welcome to the other side! I was exactly like you when I got my first cat -- noticing every little twitch, movement, facial expression. And I must say I still find Murphy as fascinating and entertaining as I did that first day. They're very interesting, very capable little animals.

Murphy does all of the same things you mentioned except for liking sinks. He does have meows that mean certain things, the most common of which is the plaintive, "What's taking so long to give me a treat?" to the long moan of "Where are you?" (I know he's saying "Where are you?" because as soon as I yell from where I am, he stops.)

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Premier Cat

Welcome to the Dark Side, we have catnip! ...um...I meant cookies.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

No seriously, she has catnip. It explains a lot.

I loved the bit about the cleaning Esp the dog's litter tray
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Premier Cat

Arianwen tells me Miu belongs to a cadre whose assignment is infiltration and conversion.
She has worked hard and done well!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpaca
She's typical cat-fastidious-clean. However, she takes it over the top by wanting to clean stuff that's none of her business such as the dog's indoor 'rainy day' litter box. If I don't get to it in time, you can hear her scratching away. She doesn't touch the pee, just scratches around it like she's trying to gather all the 'pee-cooties' in one place. She'll also attempt to gather 'water-cooties' around a sink drain as well. You can't use a sink in her presence. Surprisingly, she leaves the kitchen sink alone. She seems to only want to clean the bathroom and laundry sinks.

She's also become quite vocal after getting used to us and the living quarters. When she comes into a room that you're in, she'll say hi. She also has the typical, feed me I'm hungry mew except, she does a long drawn out one. It's funny because you'll be heading to the kitchen, she'll be behind you. As she catches up, she starts wailing 'feed me!!!', then she passes you and rounds a corner, still wailing 'I'm Huuuunnngryyyy". Basically, you end up hearing her wailing but you don't see her because she overshot you.
Haha, Stitch cleans himself CONSTANTLY. Sometimes, I worry if he's a bit obsessive about it. After someone he doesn't know touches him, he walks away and starts licking himself clean almost immediately, he does it all night long, and all day sometimes. It's quite humerous to watch him fighting to reach every little area.

He's also a very vocal cat. Every night while I lay in bed reading, he'll bring his little toys up to me and meow and meow until I throw them for him. (He plays fetch.) Or if he's hungry, he'll follow me around the house yelling at me to feed him. xD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Rocky the dog is not pleased with my love for Miu. I think I gotta work hard at getting into his good graces again! I have a sneaking suspicion that he may have found access to the cat forum and read all my posts on Miu!

Funny thing is, he's got a love hate relationship with Miu. This is a pic of him waiting forlornly for Miu to come back from her overnight spay stay.
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...u/aa7a5f7c.jpg

Oh, and a pic showing Miu's love of sinks:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...Miu/photo3.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page