Cat Forum banner

Argh, baby boy is actually a baby girl!!

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Kattt 
#1 ·
So it turns out my little boy Moshe is actually a little girl. I was told when i got her that she was a boy, but she had her first vaccinations today and when she was at the vet 3 weeks ago the vet wasn't sure because she was only 6 weeks old. She is now 9 weeks and the vet was pretty sure she is actually a girl! Do you think i should change her name? She is so pretty and deserves a girly name as Moshe is a boy's name, but we are both used to it now, what do you reckon? Any suggestions for a name if i do change it?

(the kitten previously known as Moshe)

See less See more
#2 ·
Aaaaw, she's a dahling! Why don't you just call her Moshee, with an extra "e". I think that makes name look more feminine.

#3 ·
My first cat was a girl I named Rookie, so since it was a baseball reference most people thought she was a boy. I must admit it got on my nerves when people continually referred to her as a "he," even when I corrected them. So I vowed that if I ever had another cat, I would give it a name that would indicate its sex. It saves me a lot of correcting on the pronouns. :)

Girl's name, girl's name .... Crazy thought that comes to mind is Natalie?

#7 ·
How do you pronounce Moshe? Is it mo-shay?

So if it were Moshee, it would sound slightly different but familiar enough for the cat---mo-shee.

#8 ·
Gracie was already named when we got "her". We found out later that Gracie was really a male, but by then the name had stuck. We tried others, but kept coming back to the original. Gracie is now 8 and has never seemed to mind his name. We always laugh and say everyone is gender neutral here anyway.

#9 ·
We were told our girl was a boy. We named her (or him at the time!) Jackson, after Michael Jackson as he had just died and she is black and white!!

At 6 months, she still hadn't grown 'any' and my little boy Jake was starting to love her a bit too much!!

Anyway, we kept her name as Jackson but I thought it was weird and a bit boyish so I started calling her Sausage which eventually got shortened to Soss!

#10 ·
I once went to the vet with my three little rescued boy kittens and came home with three little girl kittens (Alley, Jenny & Purr). lol I like the added "e".... Moshee is a good name because kitties respond to the strong e sound. She is very, very beautiful too!

#12 ·
Well, Moshe is pronounced Mo (as in the first part of Molly) - shee anyway, Moshe for a girl is kind of growing on me anyway so to be honest I may just keep it :) I might change the spelling but to be honest it's not going to matter to her since she can't read (yet, lol). Maybe I will give her a pretty, girly middle name and a pink collar so people know she is a girl :)

#13 ·
She's adorable! The same thing happened when I got my 2 kittens at 6 weeks old. I was told they were both female, and so I named one Phoebe. Once I figured out she was really a he, no way I was going to have him live up to 20 years being called by a girls name. So I changed his name to Cody. He was too young to know any better anyways. Yours is still young enough to change the name, without her noticing too.

I like the Moesha name suggestion. Cute name, and close to Moshe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.