Please help! I am worried about my cat... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Please help! I am worried about my cat...

I was hoping you all could help me figure out what is wrong with my cat. It all started the other night when she got this sudden burst of energy. She was running around like a crazy cat right before bedtime. She would struggle with me to try and get away. Normally, she is very even tempered and affectionate. She kept jumping all over the place and even jumped on me while she launched from her cat tree on to my bed and scratched me a good one. Her eyes were very dialated and her heart was beating a million miles and hour. She kept licking her left butt cheek as well as other parts of her body and it seemed like her lower back was mildy twitching. My initial thought was that she had been bitten by some sort of bug. She eventually calmed down and laid down and went to sleep. It has been about three days now and she is still showing strange symptoms but not nearly as severe as the other night. She seems fine when she is laying down.. But after she has walked around for about 5 minutes it seems that her rear end is bothering her. She will jump at first as if something has really startled her and then will put her tail between her legs with her rear squatted towards the ground and then she goes and lay downs and licks herself all over. She will sometimes run around really fast and then turn around and lick near her rear. She looks comfortable once she is laying down but will occasionally jump up and switch positions almost as if she has a sharp sudden itch. I have noticed that her ears have been twitching more frequently as well. I looked for any discrepancies or irritations on her skin and around her anus and found nothing. She has not been acting violent at all.. She has been sleeping more than normal and eating less as well.. Does anyone know what this could be? Has this ever happened to any of your cats? I think I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow if it show improvement.

She is a 8 month old purebread Balinese. I feed her very high quality food (Life's Abundance) and a daily dose of NuVet vitamins. She is up to date on all of her shots and her doses of Revolution (for fleas and parasites). She has never had any problems before. Please help and offer me your advise. She is my pride and joy. Thank you everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Banned

Something's annoying her. Might be short shots of pain. See a vet?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

She was spayed when she was very young, I believe at 8 weeks.... She has not been pooping nearly as much as usual.. I found 3 tiny terds in her litter box since Saturday. She usually takes big ones but I thought that this might coincide with the fact that she is not eating like her normal self. She seems to be peeing normal. She did do something very strange that I forgot to mention.. She laid down in her litter box (which she never does)... I took her out, and she went right back in and laid back down... Do you think this could be constipation?? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much for your help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

Please don't cross post the same question in two different forums. I'm locking this one and leaving the one in Health & Nutrition as that is where it belongs.

With the added information that she is now hanging out in her litterbox, she definitely needs a vet visit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page