Shes gonna be short hair right? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Shes gonna be short hair right?

Ok so Karma and Belle im almost 100% certain will be short haired, but the roomate of the person I am getting them from INSISTS that they will be longer haired (medium rather).. he says their fur will start growing longer soon, and when I talked to him yesterday he said their fur was already getting "fluffier" in his terms. I beg to differ although I havent seen them since Saturday, and of course I forgot my camera. Out of the 4 kittens I can only see one of them being longer haired and thats the little silver tabby boy, his fur is noticeably longer and im not sure why this guy seems to think the others will "catch up" in fur length. So, just so I can feel good about myself, please just tell me she is gonna be short haired, and at the point of these pictures (they were 3 weeks old here) that it should of already been recognizeable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Oh yeah, and another thing he said was that the mother cat had a different batch of kittens awhile ago and they looked the "same" as these ones and some ended up being longer haired.. which they do have 3 of the previous batches kittens and ONE is medium haired.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Cat Addict

They both look like they can be shorthair. Sorry I'm not a expert. ><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Tom Cat

I'm no expert either, but I will say that some kittens (not sure if all) tend to be fluffy, which makes their hair appear longer. I call it kitten fur....because they grow out of it.
Yoshi had kitten fur when we brought him home at 10 weeks. He grew out of it slowly, probably around 12-13 weeks.

I know that doesn't really help you, sorry.....
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yeah, thats what I think too.. I have raised a few long haired kittens when I was a teenager and know what to expect and im almost positive these will be short haired (except maybe the silver tabby) but this guy is trying to tell me otherwise..so wanted a second opinion lol
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Cat

The lighter gray kitty in the 2nd picture (by the phone) definitely looks like it will be long haired. Not sure about the others. The kitten "fuzz" will start to get more sleek as they grow if they're going to be short haired, but a long haired cat will stay "fuzzy", I'd say by 3 months it'll be more obvious. Cute little guys!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie the Cat View Post
The lighter gray kitty in the 2nd picture (by the phone) definitely looks like it will be long haired.
That is what I was thinking as well.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Yeah thats the boy I was talking about, he has noticeably longer fur then his 3 sisters and I mentioned that to the guy.. I said "Why does this one already have longer fur then the others, yet you think those will be long haired too" I just dont think he gets it haha.. oh well.. im happy with either short or long.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Cat

The others look iffy to me. It's possible that they are going to just be mediums. We had a cat once that wasn't short haired, but it wasn't long and shaggy with a plumed tail, either. Just longish-short hair, if that makes any sense.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie the Cat View Post
The kitten "fuzz" will start to get more sleek as they grow if they're going to be short haired, but a long haired cat will stay "fuzzy", I'd say by 3 months it'll be more obvious. Cute little guys!
I don't know about that. Lucky's fur didn't really get long until he was about 6 months old.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page