Really cool litter box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Really cool litter box

Before I got Gabby I was looking at litter boxes. I don't like scooping litter so I was looking for something self-sifting. I wouldn't consider one of those motorized boxes because I knew it would spook Gabby. I wound up buying this litter box

It really is amazing. It took me about 20 seconds to do litter box duty. Well worth the $35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
Thats neat, does it come apart easy for cleaning?
It sure does. If you use a really good clumping litter the need for cleaning is VERY minimal. If you have a regular sized to large cat I would recommend getting the larger size because almost half of the space is taken up by the grate. The grate also slides out so you can clean that area too, but the only stuff that goes through the grate is clean litter.

Last edited by Gabby169; 05-12-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: additional info
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Cat Addict

That's identical to the litterbox Blaze uses but we had to take out the self-cleaning part, the box didn't seem big enough for him with it inside and (I think) the method of cleaning didn't work that well for it, it seemed just as much trouble as cleaning it ourselves... but if it works for you, that's great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
That's identical to the litterbox Blaze uses but we had to take out the self-cleaning part, the box didn't seem big enough for him with it inside and (I think) the method of cleaning didn't work that well for it, it seemed just as much trouble as cleaning it ourselves... but if it works for you, that's great!

From what I read most kitties need the larger box. Gabby is only 8 pounds and the vet said on her frame she's a big too heavy. From what I've read a really good clumping litter is necessary. It's a bummer it didn't work out for Blaze.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Premier Cat

Now that you've had this for a month, how's it working? Do you still like it? I'm kind of coveting that thing myself but don't want to waste money on it if it's useless.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Jr. Cat

My cats are too big for most boxes. We finally bought a storage box from Walmart for about $10 and cut a hole for the cat half-way up. Huge box, covered, and as easy to clean as a normal box. I'm lazy and cheap, can you tell?

Me and My family:
Chairman Meow
Dogs: Leela and Thomas

Oh yeah - husband and child
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page