Litter Trays - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Litter Trays

Quite simply, do you use litter tray liners or not? In either case, why?

I'm torn between whether I should (I find trays easier to clean with a liner) or whether I shouldn't (the girls seem to prefer it, and it does cut down on the amount of time Evie spends scratch-scratch-scratching in the tray).

Evie is having some rather odd (read: irritating) elimination problems at the moment, so I'm trying just about anything to get to the bottom of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Cat

I don't use them because I've found most cats get their claws stuck in it when they scratch and then the litter is in the bottom of the try anyways.. ;__;
(Or if they are like Grim, they will pull it part way out of the litter box and leave me a pile of kitty litter to clean up, Wheee..)

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry. - French Proverb
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Jr. Cat

We don't anymore. Lola is a digger and even though her litter is 5-6 inches deep, she still will dig to the bottom so when we had the liner, it always got pulled up to the top anyway..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 PM
Tom Cat

I don't use them with my four fur babies. They would rip right through them, I'm loving my buddha dome covered cat box with the ramps though, less litter tracking, and it seems like the bottom of the box has a slicker surface, making the clumping litter slip off the bottom super easy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to MissBoots Send a message via Yahoo to MissBoots
I don't use them for my singleton. I tried, but she decided she liked to chew on the draw strings. I was given a box of 40, used 2. Now I use them as garbage bags when I scoop-da-poop. Once they run out I'll be back to grocery bags.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Cat

I use generic kitchen trash bags and have no problems w/tearing. But if your cats tear through bags, you could line the bottom with old newspapers to help cut down on cleanup. Won't be as easy as a whole bag, but they won't tear either, so at least the bottom will be cleaner.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Cat Addict

No, waste of money. If you are worried about the actual box getting dirty you can always wash it. My cats would probably just figure out a way to destroy it and make more of a mess.

Becky, the proud momma of:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page