Anyone in Canada know where I can get - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Anyone in Canada know where I can get

Da Bird NOT online?? The only place I've found so far is ebay I really want to get it but would rather forgo shipping. So can anyone help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Premier Cat

I looked high and low for about 6 months, but finally found it at PetValu, which is a small chain. I'm not sure if PetValu operates in Manitoba or not. Also, I find that even in the Toronto area, not all PetValu's carry it in stock...although their parent company stocks it. So if there is a PetValu in your area, and they don't have Da Bird in stock, you might ask them to see if they can order it in for you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Yes there is it's where I get my food! I was just in there and they have some pretty clueless people there didn't even know what I was talking about when I was asking. I'll go back and get them to order it! Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Premier Cat

I'm not sure where in Manitoba you are...but if you have more than one PetValu in your city (I imagine you would if you're in Winnipeg), then you might call around. In Toronto, some PetValu stores keep it in stock, while others don't. But, to the best of my knowledge (based on prior discussions with one of the owners), all PetValu stores obtain their supply centrally. So, even those stores that don't stock it should be able to order it in.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Cat Addict

I've never heard of PetValu... so, I went on their site and ran a search for their location in my area. It came up with a bunch of Bosley's locations. Uh... could it be PetValu is Bosley's in BC?

Nevermind, I just found something about it:
Press Release - Roark Capital Group's Pet Valu Acquires Bosley's Pet Food Plus

Kind of interesting, I never knew any of that before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Tom Cat

PetValu has just moved into Halifax. I've been in a couple times now and while they're pricey they're helpful & at least one of their staff is very knowledgeable!

They've got a few toys there that I can't find anywhere other than online including DaBird & some of the kong toys.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat

That toy looks interesting Paulw...I have to say as well I LOVE Rosies "chinstrap" it is super cute!!
I fashioned a toy while I wait to get da bird: 3 goose feathers (picked up while feeding them with my kids and washed) and a hoodie string, held together with....ducktape! LOL
She loves it! I think it's cuz it's "real" feathers more than anything. but hey anything to get her jumpin!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page