Maxx scoop - with scent guard - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Maxx scoop - with scent guard

Has anyone tried this kind?

Just got some yesterday. They like it and everything, and it does work! (no pee smells, i seriously held a clump up to my nose and smelled, and it smells fresh!).

But, the cats now smell like the litter. The clean litter mind you, but they smell like, im not sure, whatever the clean fresh litter smells like.

Why do i care? well, they both have their own, natural scents, which i happen to like. Perhaps im a freak, but my cats smell good. lol.

So, im just wondeirng if this will fade? or am i just a freak? should i just get used to it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

i suppose im the only crazy person with thsi problem? lol
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Premier Cat

I don't think so. I don't use that brand so I had no opinion but I never buy scented cat litter.

I love the way MowMow smells (granted, not always right after he's been in his box) so I don't want tons of heavy perfumes all over him. I just use plain non clumping clay and he does smell like the dust from it when he comes out but that disappears quick.

*The best smelling spot is the back of his head and between his ears. I like nuzzling there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Premier Cat

I use the Small Spaces with Scent Guard, which is another in the same line as Maxx Scoop. They're both made by Purina and you'll find them next to each other on the grocery shelves (at least in every grocery store I've been in). But it's not a scented litter. The "Scent Guard" is just a tradename that refers to the patented formula used in the litter to control odors. I find the odor and dust control of the Small Spaces to be excellent, but I don't find my girls smell like the litter after they've used the box.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
Has anyone tried this kind?
That's the one in thegreen box? I had it once I didn't like it. I use maxx in blue box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page