Cat Nip - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Question Cat Nip

We currently have 2 plants of cat-nip that we are growing indoors. I was just curious for those of you that grow your own:

1) where do you grow it ( indoor/outdoor/both )
2) do you allow your cats free access

anything else you want to tell us.. we are new to this. Only had Lola 3 weeks now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Senior Cat

Indoor, on a window sill until it grows long enough.

The girls have free access. Sometimes they are completely disinterested, other times they are like cats possessed.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Cat Addict

I grow mine outside or the cats would eat the plants to the roots. But I clip sprigs off alot, bruise the leaves and toss it in the floor for the cats to roll on quite often.

As long as I am careful to not bruise the leaves, I can hang it up to dry and stuff kid sized socks with it to make bat around toys for them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BotanyBlack; 05-16-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

It looks like I was worried for no reason. I was keeping the catnip plants in the office with the door shut. I brought them down to the main living floor and she has yet to bother them or go near them. She is such a good kitty.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Cat Addict

yeah my cats pretty much ignore it unless the leaves get bruised. I keep mine outside because i have 2 kids and they like to pull leaves off to give to the cats, which pretty much brings the cats notice to the plants lol.. My catnip out side has spread to 3 different places on each side of the house.. and I don't have issues with cats in the yard unless someone mows it down

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Cat Addict

I grow my catnip indoors, usually on the bedroom windowsill since the cats don't have access there during the day. I'd love to free feed it, but Samantha always eats too much and will throw up...this goes for catnip, cat grass, real grass, etc...she has no restraint whatsoever when it comes to greens. XD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page