Satan cat is being an angel - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Satan cat is being an angel

Okay I'm sure many of you have heard me mention, oliver is so not affectionate. he hates being touched, he noms on you if you let him. he likes to drop crap on your head when you're sleeping, he just basically sees us as the food dispenser that happens to also be the waste removers as well.

Okay suddenly, hes being the most affectionate cute adorable cat in the world. he comes when I'm sleeping, nudges my arm till I pet him, lays down on my chest and sleeps. then I wake up, he chirps coming in, climbs onto the bed, demands to be pet. lays next to the computer and wants more petting....

at first I thought okay its a freak experience. Its not going to happen again. But its been going for a week :0 Do you think my husband could have switched cats on me and I wouldn't have noticed or something? This is so abnormal for oliver. Looks the same, same giant lean body, same head, same markings....but.... I almost think I should take him to the vet to be checked out or something.

(side note, I've had him since he was a kitten going on 2 years...never acted like this)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Cat Addict

I have had BlackJack for 16 years. Since he was born.. and he was never an affectionate cat. Didn't like sitting in laps, didn't like pets, Attacked people if the passed by and he happened to be in a bad mood.. ect. And yes all the Vets refer to him as the Demon Kitty.

At the age of 4 he one day climbed into bed with me, draped over my side and demanded pets. The next day he hopped into a lap and demanded more pets.. 12 years later he still sleeps with me, vegis on any lap he know who it belongs to. And plays fetch...

so heres hoping yours has decided tghat getting pets is better then none at all... Lots of Luck

and no mine didn't have a medical issue .. He did try to kill a vet tech tho...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Cat Addict

Oliver's slave, I wouldn't be surprised, that is typical behavior of cats that are about to ask for a new car or a bigger weekly allowance.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBlack View Post
I have had BlackJack for 16 years. Since he was born.. and he was never an affectionate cat. Didn't like sitting in laps, didn't like pets, Attacked people if the passed by and he happened to be in a bad mood.. ect. And yes all the Vets refer to him as the Demon Kitty.

At the age of 4 he one day climbed into bed with me, draped over my side and demanded pets. The next day he hopped into a lap and demanded more pets.. 12 years later he still sleeps with me, vegis on any lap he know who it belongs to. And plays fetch...

so heres hoping yours has decided tghat getting pets is better then none at all... Lots of Luck

and no mine didn't have a medical issue .. He did try to kill a vet tech tho...
lol yeah my poor vet tech, came out bleeding out of a million places. they couldn't get the IV in. no matter how they wraped him in a towel. he was to strong for just one person and would escape then go for the guys face. Now when he comes we are always waiting 2 hours till someone will take him. I have decided they are all just in the back room going "you take him, no you take him, no you take him"....till they run out of pets to have as excuses and have to take him lol
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Cat Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers-Slave View Post
lol yeah my poor vet tech, came out bleeding out of a million places. they couldn't get the IV in. no matter how they wraped him in a towel. he was to strong for just one person and would escape then go for the guys face. Now when he comes we are always waiting 2 hours till someone will take him. I have decided they are all just in the back room going "you take him, no you take him, no you take him"....till they run out of pets to have as excuses and have to take him lol

Yep been there. and he is not a small cat, and has the longest claws I have ever seen on a cat, even when we trim them he cannot retract them, and he has shredded thick denim without trying... When i took him in for an exam a poor intern came to get him.. every vet tech in the place vanished.. poor guy had to have stitches afterward. and he bit THROUGH the Vets hand. I ended up getting a new Vet

Yet he has not hurt either of my kids, other cats in the house and the dog still lives.. he just hates most people in general. He sound like a doberman when he growls too.. and it echos through the walls......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BotanyBlack; 05-17-2011 at 01:01 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Tom Cat

I posted this story in another thread a while ago. This is Bon Jovi - a wild cat (named by my young granddaughter) that I fed under the porch quite a while ago for a total of 8 years. I made an insulated shelter for him under there but he never used it. After he ate, he left and stayed somewhere in the woods at night. (Keep in mind this is Minnesota) In all those years he would never let me touch him. I would put a dish in front of him, close enough to touch his whiskers, but if I reached to pet him, he would hiss at me. One can only imagine the mistreatment he suffered as a kitten.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Cat Addict

Teddy was never as bad as Oliver, but he only wanted to be cuddled on his terms. When he turned 3 there was a big switch and he started curling up next to me, allowing me to hold and smooch on him (just a bit, if I do too much he runs off as soon as I relax my grip), and he actively asks to be let under the covers to sleep next to me. Also, when he rolls around on the floor when he greets me at the door, I can give in Belly Rubbins without activiating the Venus Kitty trap. I think Oliver has finally settled down and has decided you are ok.

Here is how Teddy cuddles with me now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page