I just have to share Gabby's amazing progress in adjusting to her new home. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I just have to share Gabby's amazing progress in adjusting to her new home.

Gabby has made some GREAT progress the past couple of day. More of her personality is coming out. Instead of hopping up on things to explore she's now playing on them. This morning I could tell she did A LOT of playing last night; most of her balls have disappeared. YAY!!!

She absolutely loves her laser light. I'm making a big deal out of showing it to her and saying laser light a lot while playing with it. I'm going to put it in her toy box (it's designed for kitties and the batteries are hard to get out) and hope that eventually she'll get it out and bring it to me when she wants to play.

Last night when I went to bed I told Gabby "time to go to bed" and she trotted off to my room. I had to turn the kitchen light off first and the look she gave me was funny, it was like she was telling me "hey, you said it was time for bed, get in here." Like a typical kitty she didn't like me working on a search-a-word puzzle. At times she would stand behind the book and peer over and other times she'd stand right in front of it.

The other day she was attacking and pouncing on something. I decided to check it out and it turned out she was attacking a gum wrapper. I'm still chuckling every time I think about it. Last night she was really intent on getting something out from underneath the heat register in my bedroom. She had to really work at it. This time the object of her attention was a hershey's kiss wrapper.

The thing that most impressed me is when I came home this afternoon I immediately called Gabby's name when I came in. She came out of her favorite hiding spot in my bedroom to greet me. Normally she's scared when she hears doors opening and closing. I was really careful to be quiet so I wouldn't startle her.

Now I really feel like she's becoming MY kitty and not just a kitty who happens to be here, and it feels GREAT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 PM
Premier Cat

That's does sound great. It's really nice that she came out of hiding to greet you.

When I'm ready for bed, I say "bedtime girls" and turn off the lights in the family room, and then both girls trot behind me to the bedroom...likely because they know they're going to get their bedtime treat!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

ohhhh a treat.... there's an idea. Gabby will thank you for that one!

Gabby's former human used to say "time to go to bed" that to Gabby and her two older sisters. I give her former human frequent updates and today she was really pleased to hear about the bedtime thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby169 View Post
ohhhh a treat.... there's an idea. Gabby will thank you for that one!
You're welcome, Gabby! I've given my girls a bedtime treat since the day I adopted them. As a result, I've never had any trouble convincing them to come to bed, because they know they're going to get their treat!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I have to go to the pet store next week and will be looking at some special treats just for bedtime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page