Deceased cat found in tree - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Deceased cat found in tree

I have always heard that if a cat can go up a tree, it can come down. I live in a small town and for months have seen notices in our local paper regarding a certain cat that has been missing. I work at our small police department and yesterday we received a call regarding a dead cat found in a tree. It turns out that this is the same cat that has been missing for months. How common is this? Why would this poor cat not have come down the tree when he was hungry? I really don't get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Cat Addict

I think I heard the following about that on Animal Planet.

Do you see a lot of cat skeletons in trees?

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat

This is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. I am so sad for the cat, I know he would have suffered, and for the family who obviously had put such an effort into finding him. I can't imagine why he wouldn't have cried out from the tree to let someone know he was in distress.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Cat Addict

I am not sure where you live, but if it was in a wooded area, then the cat might have remained silent if there was a risk of predators being alerted of its location...poor thing
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Kitten

Oh my how horrible! I'm wondering if perhaps the cat got injured and couldn't get down? I too am surprised no one heard him. There could be other things going on too though. Maybe the cat did come down but went back up and died of disease or something instead of I'd assume starvation or dehydration...

I had a cat when I was younger who was gone for over a month. We thought he was gone for good but somehow we got him back he was living up in a tree, he'd come down though I'm assuming since he made it that long. Don't ask me why he wouldn't come home, or anything else with that crazy boy... I was only 7 at the time, only remember one night we heard him while out for a walk, he was about 2 miles away! Had him for 12 more years after that, and he never went far from home again

-Danielle (w/Bozzy & Alina)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Cat Addict

This makes me sad .

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page