Different sounds cats make - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Different sounds cats make

Does anyone know of a website with audio discribing different sounds cats make and what they mean? I have found a few with verbal disciptions.
My old cat makes a lot of sounds and would like to know what they mean. The new kitty is not as vocal.

My cats aren't spoilt, Just well loved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Cat

You could probably find some examples on youtube. I'd just do it myself and link them here, but my two babies are sleeping and any cat sounds would wake them right up!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Cool Cat

Have you tried a Google of 'cat sounds meanings'? There seems to be a lot there.

JusJim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Cat

Between my two, they have quite a vocabulary. Both have different meows. They have their "Hello, pay attention to me" meows which have more of a questioning tone that goes from low to high pitch. They have their "Mom, stop!" meows when I pick them up or mess with them when they're snoozing which is a longer whinier meow. Their "feed me now!!" meows which are louder, more assertive, and quick repeating meows. Lua trills which is kind of a cross between a purr and a meow, it sounds like somebody rolling their tongue. She does this when she's creeping over to me and wants to be paid attention to. Bailey "chirps" when she's watching birds out the window. She gets this focused look on her face and starts grunting/chirping at them. And of course the occasional growling meow or hiss when they're playing with each other and one has gone too far. Those are fairly self-explanatory, hehe.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Cat

The best thing to do is just to learn your own cat's vocabulary. Some cats have different ways of saying the same things. Some cats don't say much at all. It's part of the fun of having cats around!

One of my boys has started using a meow that I still haven't figured out. I think he's just making noise because he wants to make noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page