what do you do with your empty wet food cans? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Cat

what do you do with your empty wet food cans?

I'm just curious what you do with your kitties empty wet food cans? Toss in the garbage, recycle, or use for something else?

I'm sure they could be used for something useful but haven't figured what for, yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to MissBoots Send a message via Yahoo to MissBoots
I recycle them. The cat rescue I volunteer with I put a recycle can (bathroom trash can with lid) there so I can take home their cans. They were just tossing them out prior. I get around $10/month just from Bootsie's cans, it's around $30 a month now with the rescue's cans.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Premier Cat

Hugh? Is this a trick question! Recycle? Or stack them like guys do with their collection of beer cans!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito
MissBoots, please tell us more about this recycling for money thing... the rescue I work at goes through TONS of cans, and they are just getting tossed out with the recycling. If we could be earning a buck instead, that would be amazing!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Premier Cat

I'd love to know as well. Every penny counts around here. If I could be making a tiny bit back on his food, that'd be great.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Cat Addict

I recycle hem. I recycled products for 2 years. XD Now people in the neighborhood are doing the same.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

We have to put our cans in the recyle bin and is mandatory. So we just rinse 'em out and put them in our recycle bag.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Tom Cat

We recycle them as well.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Senior Cat

We have to recycle everything over here in England- we currently have 3 different types of bin (trash can?!).

We collect most of our recyclable products in a box in the kitchen, but the girls soon discovered they could pull the pouches/tins out and lick the contents! Not so nice when there's a nice of a tongue injury. So now we have to put them straight into the outdoor bin.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Cat Addict

They're recycled... where I live there are currently two type of recycling, paper and then everything else. The tins go in the everything else. There are various other types of recycling programs depending on where you live, the apartment complex I lived in had three of four different bins outside for recycling.

There are recycle depots that I know of (about three in my city) that take bottles and the drinking tin cans and give you more money for them than liquor stores/grocery stores... they don't pay for the cat tins though, they only recycle them. People also drop off old electronics there. Again, they don't get any money for them but they get rid of them for free. It would be nice if they did pay for all that stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page