Happy Endings - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Happy Endings

I've decided life is far too depressing these days, so I thought I would share with you a few of my happy kitten rescue stories from this year.

Minion you all know. She was found out in a snow storm at age 4 weeks. A fearful little thing I wasn't sure she would be adoptable, but she's landed on her paws in a wonderful home with a retired lady and her husband who adore her and dote on her like a grandchild. She's an only pet and even goes on vacations with them in their RV. The best part, her new owner's daughter is a vet that I work with, so I still get to see her and I know she is getting top notch care.

Oscar is a little guy that was brought into the Emergency clinic one night during a rain storm. He was found in a dumpster with a badly injured hind leg. With that injury (an old injury) he didn't jump in there by himself. I'll leave it at that. The daytime vet practice where I work agreed to take him on as a foster and treat his medical issues. He had his leg amputated last week and has never looked back. He zooms around and leaps and jumps and is so active and happy. A huge difference. His leg must have caused him more pain than we realized. He's a new kitten now. Will snag some pics from work and post to show you. He's pretty stinking cute! A little mackeral tabby with white. And now, 3 legs. A sad commentary I know, but having 3 legs will make him more adoptable. Hopefully he will be in his new home soon and being spoiled rotten. For now, he is safe and loved with us.

Last week, we had another young kitten brought into the e-clinic after being hit by a car. A little orange and white boy, he really tugged on my heartstrings as he looked like a baby kobie. He had pretty serious head trauma, but the doctor on duty (the same one that let me rescue Ninja) took pity on him and took responsibility for his care. She took him home with her to rehab and the kitten and her 8 year old adopted son are now inseparable best buddies. Its the cutest thing ever. So of course, he's staying put at her house. The best part? Guess what her son has named the little orange lad? NINJA! The best cat name ever! My Ninja was quite pleased at the news. His plan for world domination is now in play....

Post your happy endings here. We could all use a smile from time to time.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Cat Addict

What great stories! It's so great when a kitty in need finds a home.

A little grey kitten with the sweetest personality whose eyes never developed was classified as blind by the vet - although we think she can see something - was placed at the local shelter but no one adopted her there. She was moved to the local cat sanctuary where for the last several months (since January I believe) she has been in a cage segregated from the other cats to prevent getting any sicknesses while she waited for a home. Today was that day, I was so happy to see her getting taken home by a kind lady, that's apparently been visiting her for a few months and getting to know her.

Along with the dogs
and
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thats wonderful! May the little blind grey kitties new life be full of blessings. We know her new owners life will be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

BUMP! Any more happy rescue stories?

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Cat

Luna a calico girl I found when when I moved in with my parents that littlest sister was spending her allowance on to care for.Not long after I started helping my sister care for Luna she was attacked by a coyote and nearly lost her back leg from infection but did lose all claws on her left rear foot and two on her right front foot.At the time I didn't have much money so a groomer from the clinic payed for it and later asked f she could adopted her and she is spoiled rotten now.

Ellie was kitten who was thrown out in the snow by her ex owners in Jan. and spent 12 hours in my dads garage with Boo's heated bed,food,and water until my dad said "Bring the [email protected]%m thing in before it freezes!"*.She was adopted a with an widowed neighbor from my old town who needed someone to care for.

Hobbes came to me when his owner was put in a nursing home and he was dumped with my uncle who called me.I initially wanted to keep him and didn't want to rush the socializing process between him and my parents dog and locked him in my room til I could try to socialize them.But my toddler cousin let him out and he attacked my dad's dog(who was across the room asleep) and was almost put down for being a dangerous animal til a vet tech said she'd foster him who then decided to keep him.The dog wouldn't fight him and had stitches all over.I was later told when visiting my uncle that the people who dumped him asked what happened to him and when told just said "Oh yeah he doesn't like dogs at all.".

*My dad acts like he hates cats but he was the one complaining the most when Ellie was adopted because he didn't get to say goodbye!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page