Wellness on Sale - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
NRD
Tom Cat

Wellness on Sale

I buy most of my cat food either from Amazon, which with free shipping I find is cheapest for Weruva, or a local small retail pet store, which has great prices on Evo dry and Evo wet. Wellness is almost never a bargain, either the Core or the chicken cans I get. Well, Petco is having a sale, now through middle of June, buy 6 cans, get two free--25 percent off, is what it amounts to. The best deal I have found to date, FYI. So, for a case of 24, you pay for 18, get six free, cost for the chicken is $29.70 plus tax, or around $1.30 a 5.5 ounce can. In store, I haven't checked the Website.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Cat Addict

OH thats cool! Thanks for the reminder. I was going to the pet store this weekend. lol
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Jr. Cat

IDK if it's all Petsmarts ... but Petsmart had a sale going... buy a 12 oz bag of Wellness dry food, get 3 free cans.

Wait... that was dog food...

May have been both LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Cat

Our petsmart has an Innova sale going on: buy one bag of innova, get two free cans.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Senior Cat

We just got back from a Petco/Petsmart run. Our local Petsmart and Petco are only 3 streets over from each other WOOT

I didn't see any sales on the Wellness at our Petco but our Petsmart had 20 cents off per can. I grabbed a bunch

I took my daughter shopping for some fun kitten stuffs.
Want to make sure we have everything we need before the big day~
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline View Post
I took my daughter shopping for some fun kitten stuffs.
Want to make sure we have everything we need before the big day~
I love kitten shopping...cat shopping in general...it's like Christmas or something, even though it's not necessarily for me. I just get so excited about the thought of my cats getting excited.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Senior Cat

I love kittie shopping too! Nothing beats standing in a shopping isle debating if the purple rat or the green bird would make a more appropriate toy lolol

I actually found a GREAT reward treat after browsing for a long time. Its the petco generic brand but its 100% freeze dried tuna. It looks exactly like fish food flakes!!! They are paper thin flakes. These are going to be perfect in reward training this new kitten. There is no way these tiny flakes can be anything other then a taste on the buds without filling her up.

I wasn't too sure on the generic Petco brand but these are 100% tuna so I think they will be perfect as reward treats!

I never thought I would be so excited over tuna
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Cat

My previous cat, Titan, absolutely killed to have fish food. We had a goldfish for a long time and basically every week we had to buy him new food because Titan had learned to turn the twist tops by holding the bottom with his claws and turning his body just enough to loosen it so that when he pushed it off the table, it would bust open and spill out. He was way too smart for his own good.

Anyway, the point of all that was to say that your kitten is probably going to LOVE those tuna flakes!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:44 AM
Senior Cat

That is my dearest hope lolol

I guess I should mention that I have a golden retriever (rescue). We are a certified therapy dog team. Currently he works with the paws for reading program at the local library. Easiest job he will ever do ~ lay there and be petted while a child reads to him!

I am way more familiar with dog training and clicker training then I am with cats. I have gone through years of dog training but ZERO for cats. I am going to attempt to apply much of what I learned for dogs to this new kitten. I know a cat is not a dog but I think some of it will be helpful.

Rule one of positive training and or clicker training is finding "that sweet spot treat" that treat where the dog will do anything in the world if you have it close at hand. Rule 2 of clicker training is to give the smallest amount possible at a time for a reward. Even my golden only gets a sliver the size of a pea for a treat reward when learning a new behavior. I was concerned as I couldn't find a treat small enough for the kitten. I think these little things will be PERFECT!

Anyway ~ I am very familiar with dogs and training but ..well... a cat is not a dog so I am brushing up on the less obvious differences
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page