Does your cat have a favorite person? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Does your cat have a favorite person?

Does your cat have a special bond with just one person? Or does he/she have equally strong bonds with everyone in the home?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My cat LOVES people. He comes running when total strangers come to visit...and rubs all over them. He reaches up with both paws on their legs ...at which point you gotta remind him he has sharp thingies there! (He's usually pretty careful with his claws). He loves my boyfriend and spends time laying with him, etc.

However, my cat has a special bond with only me. Of course, he's been with me since kittenhood...I have been the only constant in his life. He waits for me in the window every day. He jumps up, puts his paws on my chest, and rubs his face all over me. He "holds" my finger with his claws very gently. He sleeps above me all night when I let him. He wakes me up by putting his face against my head and purring loudly...and slowly sinking down HARD onto my face lol. He gives me "headbutts" (my boyfriend calls them "headbutts of love").

Buzzy is my baby He is ...well... a part of me. We've been through EVERYthing together. He has lived in 4 different homes (my dad's, my mom's, w/ a roommate, and now w/ me and boyfriend) and left people behind at all of them. Only I have always been with him. Therefore, our bond is particularly deep.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Cat

I'm his favorite person but he'll sit and keep people company when they don't want him near them a.k.a. annoy cat haters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

Samantha was rather indifferent to anyone but me, she'd let them pet her
royal beastliness but she was Daddy's little girl.
Chiquita was a stray we adopted and since my ex left and abandon her she won't tolerate anybody else, when someone comes over she hides and want to go out side, if she gets outside she won't come back in until she's sure there gone.
Since Samantha passed I've try to help her, I had an inspector come over to check the new furnace and while she hid I wouldn't let her out and when he left I called her out and reassured her that everything was okay.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Cat Addict

Blaze is terrified of strangers so he only likes a few select people. It takes him a long time to warm up to someone.

Blacky likes me best. She also likes my dad but views him more as her feeder. Everyone else se either ignores or doesn't like. Outside she had no interest in approaching strangers, she won't let them get close to her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Cat

Ella ignores all people equally. If you go to her without running or yelling, she'll accept some loving no matter who you are. I think she likes me the best cause I saved her from the pound and feed her, but she doesnt show it particularly. I trust her opinion of me though

Sully loves anyone and everyone. I've seen him race across the room and jump in new people's lap like he's loved them for always but hasnt seen them in a while. He lays on the ground for kids of all ages to love him or poke him. For a week or so I thought he had bonded to my husband like no other (and boy was I jealous lol) but then we realized it was because my hubby was feeling a little under the weather and was warmer than everyone else in February. Once the fever was gone he liked everyone else again.

Jack is 9 weeks old. He's fond of anything moves, breathing or not. He does however sleep just a tad closer to me and sit on my lap atleast half the time (between the two of us lol) so I'm thinking he loves me best

If you can't tell, Hubby and I often do the "The cat likes me more" fight haha.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Tom Cat

Cassie was quite bonded to me. Cherry is too. She seemed to trust me the most, the first day we got her she was already rolling around and exposing her belly, but only when with me. She's fine with the other people in my house, but she likes me the best.

"Dogs have Masters. Cats have staff." - Unknown

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Senior Cat

My husband is Sasha's "mate for life" LOL
She loves all people and is extremely loving and friendly with everyone but anyone who knows her knows my husband is her special person.
He actually picked her out at the animal shelter. We were there donating a few items and it was love at first sight for him hehe
She was a bit skittish the first few weeks we had her but would leap in his arms to sleep. Eleven years later she still wiggles her body under his head while he is sleeping. She grooms him while he is sleeping as well. Funny as heck for him to wake up with his hair standing on end with cat slobber in it!!
We have affectionately dubbed it the Sasha-do HA HA

Don't get me wrong, she knows I am the keeper of the food and follows me during the day while my hubby is at work. The moment he walks through the door however I am nothing but dirt as all her attention goes to him... gee now that I think about it I feel kind of used lol
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 12:29 AM
Jr. Cat

My boyfriend and I are pretty much the only people my cat is comfortable around. He hates strangers and always hides under the covers when they visit. Normally, he warms up to female strangers much faster than male strangers. But once he knows a stranger isn't going to eat him up, he's all over them looking for pets and rubs.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Premier Cat

MowMow will run to greet all visitors (except the ex husband) and if they stay awhile they get attention but when he's done with them he comes right back to his momma for cuddles and to lay with me wherever I'm sitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page