What is your cat afraid of? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Cat

What is your cat afraid of?

I am just curious to know what scares your cat? For example; my cat Danna is afraid of plastic bags. Just seing them scares her. She runs and hides under my bed when I take out the plastic bags to clean her litter box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Senior Cat

the only thing Sasha is scared of is exercise ~ i think she is allergic to it =p
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Premier Cat

My two Devons never were never afraid of thunderstorms for a few years, and then last year, my girl decided she didn't like the sound of them any more and would run and hide under a bed if we had some big boomers. I don't know what changed her mind. We had rain and some thunder today, and she looked a bit anxious but didn't run and hide this time. It's the loudness---those really loud window-rattling ones that spooked her. She also doesn't like a storm where rain beats on the windows. Her half-bro, who is more high strung than her, doesn't feel anxious with them at all. Go figure.

Last edited by catloverami; 06-04-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Cat

Nox is deathly afraid of letting me sleep through the night.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline View Post
the only thing Sasha is scared of is exercise ~ i think she is allergic to it =p
she is like me then...

Last edited by marie73; 06-05-2011 at 12:21 AM.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catloverami View Post
My two Devons never were never afraid of thunderstorms for a few years, and then last year, my girl decided she didn't like the sound of them any more and would run and hide under a bed if we had some big boomers. I don't know what changed her mind. We had rain and some thunder today, and she looked a bit anxious but didn't run and hide this time. It's the loudness---those really loud window-rattling ones that spooked her. She also doesn't like a storm where rain beats on the windows. Her half-bro, who is more high strung than her, doesn't feel anxious with them at all. Go figure.
Awwwwwww poor baby!!!
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
Nox is deathly afraid of letting me sleep through the night.
My Danna was like that when we got her. She wanted to see where we were all the time and when it was time to go to sleep she was banging on the door with her paws. We didn't want her to sleep with us, but we gave in because every night she wouldn't let us sleep. Now she takes the bed all to herself because she is a crazy sleeper lol.

Last edited by marie73; 06-05-2011 at 06:44 AM.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Cat

The dark. They cry cry and cry when their room is completely dark. I didn't realize that's what it was until I accidentally left the light on one night and they didn't cry for once. They have a nightlight now.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Accidents work magic sometimes lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braxen View Post
The dark. They cry cry and cry when their room is completely dark. I didn't realize that's what it was until I accidentally left the light on one night and they didn't cry for once. They have a nightlight now.
Awww I wonder if cats see things in the dark that we can't see?
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:09 AM
Premier Cat

My ex husband. He' never lived with him (I got MowMow after we divorced) and he would never hurt an animal but for some reason MowMow is *terrified* of him.

The moment he hears/sees/smells him he goes into hiding and won't come until hours after he's left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page