I think it's safe to say Miss Gabby is fully adjusted - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I think it's safe to say Miss Gabby is fully adjusted

We have our feeding routine down. She likes to eat in the evening so I put out a little wet food around 8 pm. She eats small portions over several hours. Before I go to bed I put out the rest. She's not a big eater so I leave a small amount of dry food out for her all the time. I know I'm late for dinner if I start to hear the crunch of the kibble. She eats less than a tablespoon of kibble per day. A few days ago I accidentally put out some of her old food (science diet) and she wouldn't touch the stuff. She now gets Call of the Wild venison and salmon.

Before bed we always play quite a bit, usually with her ribbon wand, the laser pointer, and pieces of paper flicked across the room. If I don't play with her she gives me a "come on, we need to play" look. I've added in a few spontaneous play sessions throughout the day. Since we've been able to play more she's definitely come out of her shell a lot more and become my kitty.

She's not a cuddly kitty, but she is starting to let me hold her more. I let her down as soon as she starts to squirm. She used to run off into the other room when I let her down but now she usually stays right by me. I give her a few scratches by her ears and say 'thank you for letting me hold you' to her.

She likes to watch movies with me. She's a lot like a toddler in that her attention span is very short, but she keeps coming back for some pets and scratches and pauses for a few seconds to watch the screen.

She knows when I close my laptop, turn off the light in my art room (I like the indirect light) and switch on the light on the oven exhaust hood that it's time to go to bed. Lately she's been spending a good part of the night in bed with me. I'm pretty sure she'd be there all night if I had a bed bigger than a twin.

When we're both awake she stays in the same room I'm in. When I start waking up in the morning she hops back up on my bed and does whatever she can to get me to fully wake up. Walk all over me, use me as a launching pad, stare in my face, and lick my leg.

She's a really good kitty and a really good companion. When I need to get my mind off of things she's always ready to play with a ribbon (she has a definite favorite) or with the laser pointer. After than it's time for a nice long petting and scratching session.

I've been updating Gabby's former human about her adjustment and last week she said she can tell Gabby has become my kitty and I'm not just a human who gives her food and water and cleans her litter box. It's been so nice to come home to a living and breathing four legged furchild. It's a lonely feeling coming home to a space with just stuff.

I love my Gabby!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Tom Cat

That's great! You're right....it's a very lonely feeling to come home to no furball. I don't know how some people do it.

Anyways...I'm very happy for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page