Another Fountain Thread - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Another Fountain Thread

I am on my search for a water fountain as my kittens have learned it's fun to knock over the current water bowl any time mommy fills it up.

I already used the search engine looking for threads but did not find the answers I am looking (personal opinions) for certain ones I am looking at.

GOAL:
  • Quiet
  • Attractive
  • Easy to clean
  • Durable
  • Cost effective

I am going to post links of current ones that catch my eye, let me know what you think of it or if you have it and can give me some insight! If you do not see the one you currently have (and love) please feel free to post the one you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Premier Cat

I use this one: PETCO Automatic Cat Water Fountain at PETCO

It has a nice quiet hum to it that I quite like. The only time it makes an awful racket is when the water level gets too low, then it gets very angry. I don't know if all fountains come apart but I like that I can break the entire thing down into 3 pieces (two bowls and cord/filter) and I can put two of them on the top rack of the dishwasher. I'm a bit germ obsessed so I wash it once a week and it's lasted for about 4 years now.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Cat Addict

I have the bottom one (the petflow) in beige. I HATE that thing. It's quiet, yes, attractive, another plus, BUT if you don't clean it out every other day or so, the waterflow becomes a small trickle. Same goes if any fur gets stuck in the little grate where the intake is. Mine still works and it's in the closet. I just can't be bothered with it!

Since I feed half raw and half canned, I just add water to their meals. They think it's gravy and they drink more this way than they ever did with that horrible contraption. But please, don't let my opinion dissuade you if you have your heart set on it.

Last edited by dweamgoil; 06-06-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: making up my own words...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Tom Cat

This is the one I use, a Pioneer Fountain Big Max. It's quite large, big enough for two cats to drink out of comfortably. Nice heavy construction, easy to clean (stainless steel), and won't tip over! My six cats liked it so much that I bought a second one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

The "Big Max" is a bit too large for my liking, LOL. It is going in my room so size is *slightly* an issue.

What is you guys' opinion on plastic vs stainless steel or ceramic? The only ones I see that aren't plastic are Pioneer pet. I am a bit afraid that my cats will be able to tip over the raindrop one.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Any one else?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cats4me View Post
Amazon.com: Pioneer Fountain Big Max- Stainless Steel: Home & Garden

This is the one I use, a Pioneer Fountain Big Max. It's quite large, big enough for two cats to drink out of comfortably. Nice heavy construction, easy to clean (stainless steel), and won't tip over! My six cats liked it so much that I bought a second one.
Im quiet taken with this. Where is the reservour? I like that it is stainless.

My Platinum fountain, which is plastic, always feels like I need to get bacteria out of it.. I wash it once a week. I wash my water bowls and food bowls once a day.

Bottom line is buy what ever gets your cat to drink the water it needs to stay healthy.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
Im quiet taken with this. Where is the reservour? I like that it is stainless.
This is one of the easiest fountains I've had to maintain. You simply add water right to the dish itself and the water lightly flows from the raised stainless steel fountain part. The filters last up to four weeks depending upon the water in your area.

I like this size because it allows plenty of room for the cat to drink from the bowl part or the fountain part with no problem.

Very very easy to keep clean. I like the stainless steel so much that I even switched from ceramic/glass to stainless steel for their food dishes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Jr. Cat

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Cat Addict

We have the Drinkwell Platinum. It is an awesome product but complicated to clean.

Becky, the proud momma of:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page