Ricky's bath experience - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Ricky's bath experience

After reading the posts about how often to bath your cat I though I would share the experience we had a few weeks ago...

A couple of weeks ago King Richard (Ricky, 9mons old meezer) got himself inside a reusable grocery bag. Unfortunately inside of the bag there was something greasy and sticky and Richard was a covered. It was with much dread that I got out the shampoo and the protective gloves so that I could give him a bath. He has had one bath, the day I brought him home and he was too small to get out of my grip or cause me much pain. Now that he is as big as a lion with razor sharp claws and teeth I was a little (lot) scared of what the outcome would be! I decided the laundry tub would be my best bet. I put the tap on very warm and gentle and put Richard in the tub and held on for dear life. If you can believe this he didn't do anything! Didn't struggle, cry, scratch .. nothing. He went perfectly limp and lay down! I used a cup to wet him down and then I took him out and soaped him up. When it was time to rinse him off I put him back in the tub and he just lay down again! So instead of using the cup to rinse him I lifted him up and put him right under the tap! I couldn't believe it..again not one bit of a struggle. The only real struggle was trying to keep a soapy wet cat from slipping from my hands since he was as limp as a noodle! He actually seemed to enjoy it! I have said it before, even though Ricky is purebred Siamese, in his heart he thinks he is a Ragdoll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Cool Cat

Ohhh that went so good -sounds like he likes bathtime!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Jr. Cat

Awesome! And what a great name, King Richard - I love it! Surprisingly, most cats do very well for bathing and grooming. IMO I think its because cats, unlike dogs, usually prefer being clean! haha. Glad you and Ricky had a great bath experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Cat

Haha, I like you reference to Ragdolls... I have two of them- they hate getting bathed with a passion. That being said, I've never exactly tried, but Mitzi runs a mile if a single drop of water touches her. Evie's a bit better, but they're still both drama queens.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Cool Cat

I think cats sometimes have funny memories. Could it be that His Majesty decided, after the kitten bath, that he felt good afterwards and the memory lingers?

JusJim
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Richard actually loves the water. He sits between the curtain and tub when I shower and when I brush my teeth he sticks his head under the faucet and bites at the water. And he loves anything we do to him! When I say he is like a Ragdoll, he honestly is...everytime you touch him or pick him up he goes limp like a noodle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page