Neighbors that don't like cats! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Neighbors that don't like cats!

Ok so I live in an apartement complex, and I feed some cats who are stray/ferals. The person that lives above us doesn't like cats. So yesterday he came out of his apartment and saw me feeding the cats. He look at me and he said "I see that you like cats" I responded "I don't like cats, I love cats." He said "Well, I don't like cats, and you shouldn't feed them because my dog doesn't like cats and everytime I come outside to walk him we see two cats sleeping by the bushes next to you porch." Ohh, it was on from that moment on.. I told him "Well, if your dog doesn't like cats don't take him outside then, ohhh and if you do take your dog for walks can you please carry a plastic bag to pick up after your dog because I see sometimes that your dog poops everywhere and you don't pick it up. Ohhh, and about the cat you said the cats are by my porch not at your porch so I don't see what the problem is." my husband was just looking at me as if trying to say "please don't fight with the neighbor." Well, he should care about his ugly dog and leave the cats alone lol. Just because he doesn't like cats it doesn't give him the right to tell me what to do with cats...

Last edited by marie73; 06-07-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Premier Cat

I would have simply responded, "and I don't like *****. I guess we're both out of luck".

post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I should of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I would have simply responded, "and I don't like ****. I guess we're both out of luck".
I know, maybe I should tell him that when I see him next time. Yeah he is complaining....and his dog poops everywhere and he doesn't clean afterwards. At least my cats are clean because I feed them and they have three litter boxes outside which I clean everyday because if I feed them I don't want them to be pooping everywhere.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Banned

this could get ugly. For the safety of the cats you shouldn't be feeding them anymore. My mom had a neighbor once who trapped her outdoor cats and sold them to labs, some people just shoot um. although this is illegal to do in a city it still happens.

Please stop feeding them and let nature take it course, you cant save all the cats and by feeding them you will only make greater numbers exist then what the area can support. No one is really going to want feral cats and its better if they live wild after being altered to control the breeding.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Premier Cat

If you fear for their safety, please call the shelter to come trap them. Don't just suddenly stop caring for them if they've learned to depend on you. It's cruel. I do agree they should be fixed so they don't multiply.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I will keep feeding them..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsPride View Post
this could get ugly. For the safety of the cats you shouldn't be feeding them anymore. My mom had a neighbor once who trapped her outdoor cats and sold them to labs, some people just shoot um. although this is illegal to do in a city it still happens.

Please stop feeding them and let nature take it course, you cant save all the cats and by feeding them you will only make greater numbers exist then what the area can support. No one is really going to want feral cats and its better if they live wild after being altered to control the breeding.
There only two cats that live outside and I don't know if they are feral or stray because they are friendly but don't let me pet them. Either or it shouldn't be his problem because this cats don't bother him.They are fixed though no problem about them reproducing, and if he does something like that to my cats something will happen to his dog too lol. Sorry I don't get intimidated by people. I am a nice person if you are nice to me but if you want to play ugly I can play ugly too. I see his dog pooping everywhere even infront of my porch and I didn't say anything but if he is acting like a douche bag then I will let him know..
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I called

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_NH View Post
find a no kill group who will help them out.
For many people it's not that they don't like cats they just prefer to turn a blind eye to homeless cats.
I did that already but they have no space available, so I called the Feral friends coallitions and I trapped them and they got them fixed...
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Banned

It sounds like these ferals are in good hands. I would however find a barn or someplace else for them to live, living near a dangerous neighbor isn't safe and if you think about it isn't fair on the guy, he may have had a bad expereince with cats or have fears over them. Cats do have some nasty things about them if they are Intact, have you explained to him that spraying and caterwaling wont occur because they are fixed.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I will never leave those cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
If you fear for their safety, please call the shelter to come trap them. Don't just suddenly stop caring for them if they've learned to depend on you. It's cruel. I do agree they should be fixed so they don't multiply.
I will never stop caring about those cats just because a douche bag wants to take his dog outside for a walk. They are fixed the Feral friends coallition helped me do that...I fixed my blacky on my own because he is friendly and goes inside my house all the time but he likes to be outdoor more...
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat

???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsPride View Post
It sounds like these ferals are in good hands. I would however find a barn or someplace else for them to live, living near a dangerous neighbor isn't safe and if you think about it isn't fair on the guy, he may have had a bad expereince with cats or have fears over them. Cats do have some nasty things about them if they are Intact, have you explained to him that spraying and caterwaling wont occur because they are fixed.
mmmmmmm no he said he doesn't like the cats because when he goes outside his dog doesn't like cats. Besides when I was young, I was bitten 3 times by different dogs and I don't hate dogs because of that. My neighbor is just saying that because his doggie doesn't like cats...so if he gets rid of his dog then I will stop feeding that cats lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page