Do cats stick together in a fight? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Do cats stick together in a fight?

Had a cat fight tonight.
As usual, my cats make a liar out of me just after I posted pictured of the stray and about it getting along with my cats. Honeymoon must be over.

Came home from the ball game tonight. Onyx and Colonel greeted me as I opened the truck door. Onyx ran to come into the house and Colonel was hanging back. Onyx went in and I was calling Colonel. I then heard some hissing. Around the corner comes Colonel with the stray in persuit. They made a couple of rolls in the grass and then the stray cornered Colonel. Onyx hearing the rucuss ran out the door and jumped on the stray. Between the 2 of them they gave the stray a good going over.

Is unusual for cats to protect eachother?

My cats aren't spoilt, Just well loved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

My twins don't come to each other's rescue when Gigi's giving one of them a smackdown. To be fair, though, it happens so fast they don't really have a chance.

BUT, when one of the neighborhood cats came to the front door, all my girls stood strong together giving him a good hissing session.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Cat Addict

I think sometimes they can get in on this if their 'pack' is getting in on it too... I've heard lots of stories of cats ganging up on other cats in the house.

Although my father isn't a cat, when my aunt's cat was eating Blacky's food and my dad went to chase her off since Blacky was just letting my aunt's cat eat it, my aunt's cat bit my dad - really hard. After that Blacky started getting ready for a fight and my dad had to prevent it.

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen my girls come to each others rescue when Kobi is being a jerk. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough that I know it's intentional.

One time I was in the recliner (with footrest up) clipping Maggie's nails. Kobi came over and was standing on the floor with his two front paws on the footrest and Maggie got nervous...started squirming, meowing and growling. Holly hopped up on the footrest, looked at Maggie...gave her a little chirp, then she turned towards Kobi and sat down between the two of them. Maggie visibly relaxed and let me finish the job.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
the footrest and Maggie got nervous...started squirming, meowing and growling. Holly hopped up on the footrest, looked at Maggie...gave her a little chirp, then she turned towards Kobi and sat down between the two of them. Maggie visibly relaxed and let me finish the job.
Awww. "It's ok, Sis. I got your back!"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Jr. Cat

The most I have owned at once is three and I saw all three work as a team when a strange cat came in the yard. The oldest/meanest taking a direct approach with the other two flanking on each side. Strange kitty never stood a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page