Grooming Lacey... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Grooming Lacey...

Today, I bought a comb similar in gauge to a lice comb, but for humans. I paid $2 for it from my local beauty supply store. I had been searching online for a good metal comb to groom Lacey since she's been spitting up hairballs almost daily. They were all much more expensive and with shipping it was almost obscene. I've tried the Laxatone, but it's not really helping. I had been brushing her with a slicker brush, but her fur is so fine, this does nothing for her. She never really sat still for grooming. I have to swaddle her to trim her nails and try to rush through any type of brushing.

But...today I got 3 treats and held them in my hand. She could smell them and let me comb her with the new comb for a good 10 mins or so. It was amazing how many loose hairs came off of her. It made me feel guilty for not doing this sooner. I then gave her 1 treat and after her nail trim I gave her another. She then jumped on my lap and sat down for additional combing and the last treat, of course...lol.

I was just really happy it went as well as it did. I think she definitely will appreciate being groomed on a regular basis. Yay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Cat Addict

Great story - doesn't it feel great when you figure out something that works for you and kitty?

Fran
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Absolutely!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page