Adopting New Cat(s)...Which is better for the older cat? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Question Adopting New Cat(s)...Which is better for the older cat?

I can't adopt any more cats right now, but I really want to in the future once I get a house...

Buzzy is picky about other cats. He played very roughly (almost scary) w/ a former roommate's young, unneutered male kitten...
He became best friends w/ another former roommate's very shy female cat...

Buzzy is the kind of cat who NEEDS other animals (and people) around. He seems content right now with it being him and Brady (the dog). I don't want to disrupt his world. Buzzy is and will always be FIRST in my little "pack."

So my question is, which of the following scenarios sounds in the best interest of my kitty:

1.) Adopt an adult female cat near Buzzy's age with a similar temperment to the cat he was friends with before (shy, quiet)...and obviously known to be good w/ other cats.

2.) Adopt a female kitten with a similar temperment to Buzzy (outgoing, playful)

3.) Allow Buzzy to finish out his life as the only cat in the home and wait to adopt two cats together later down the road.

Another thing to add: we actually plan on adding a second dog at some point too. Our pet goal (and LIMIT!) is 2 cats 2 dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page