Im upset - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Angry Im upset

Ok so basically I helped a co-worker of mine who's cat had 9 kittens try to find homes for some of them. I was able to find two kittens a home... the people I found to take the kittens are aquantences (yikes I cant spell that right now) I know them well, but im not good friends with or anything. I thought they would take good care of these kittens but I was horribly wrong. I talked two one of them a few months ago and you wont believe what he told me! He DUMPED the kitten off at a farm hoping the people who lived there would take her in, I was appauled and very upset about it, I did give him a peice of my mind, but the damage was done. Now I find out today that the other person is trying to get rid of the kitten that she took from my co-worker. Now im stuck between a rock and a hard place, I dont want something bad to happen to this kitty, whether it be taken to our shelter (which is over-run with cats and kittens right now) or for her to just set him free into nowhere. Gosh what do I do!? I really dont think I can take in another cat right now, and obvoiusly my cat homing skills are horrible.

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God". ~Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Premier Cat

Don't blame you for being mad. I feel mad just reading about that irresponsible, unfeeling idiot for dumping a kitten at a farm. Is there any shelter or rescue in your area that is fostering kittens to be rehomed? A rescue that fosters usually has pretty strict screening of people that want to adopt. That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. all the best!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Yeah they have a couple fosters I think, but from what I have read they usually have kittens (like very young ones) or adults with more special needs or are having a hard time getting used to shelter life. I think there is actually a fee too to put them in the shelter also, they dont just take them, you have to pay to bring them there.

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God". ~Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Kitten

Our shelters are like that. To "surrender" a family pet you have to pay a fee. However if you take the animal in and tell them you "caught" a stray or some such, they take them for free. Now, what does that accomplish? I am sure people dump their animals or lie and say they are strays so now the shelter knows NOTHING about the animal cause it's a "stray".
Can you tell them to return the animals to you if they don't want them anymore and try to rehome them again? I don't know what else you can do.
Good luck.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Banned

Sadly this kind of thing happens all the time and the only thing you can do is hug your cats tight and be happy they don't end up a satistic.

have you subjested they get the cat spayed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page