Does your cat follow you around? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Does your cat follow you around?

Leo is an indoor cat. He used to go outside but an incident with a aggressive snake and the death of his brother made me feel uncomfortable with letting him outside. He didn't like it at first but he's adjusted just fine now.

Before he was really aloof, he liked me, liked to cuddle occasionally but for the most part he was camped out on his favorite perch when inside.

Now he follows me everywhere. I go to the bathroom and he sits at my feet. I take a bath and he curls up in my bathroom plants watching me. He sits on the counter when I wash dishes. He's never more then 5ft away from me at any given time. If I have the audacity to go outside or close a door he gets very vocal yelling at me and clawing the door. He still doesn't like to cuddle on my lap for long. He lets me pet him for maybe 10 minutes before moving away but still within arms reach. He watches my every move. He's extremely protective. We had a huge typhoon blow through a few weeks ago. He stayed up all night at attention by my head with his hair sticking straight out. He actually hissed at my husband when he tried to move him. It was odd, even my husband joked about how he was acting like a body guard.

None of this bothers me. I'm a little worried though that it might be an anxiety issue? Maybe lonely? Missing his brother? Or maybe we've just developed a closer bond now that he's inside all the time. IDK Do a lot of cats act like this? It's only with me, he's still snotty and aloof with the other family members. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Senior Cat

Both my girls follow me around. I have a double shadow! Evie in particular will not be anywhere but by my side, if I move and she doesn't realise she gets panicky and does her 'lost meeeeow' until I call and she comes running. Evie and Mitzi like to wander round with me, gather at my feet and curl up in the same room as me.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Cat

I think that is sooo precious. I'm sorry, I don't know if it's anxiety though. Hopefully more will answer.

Maxie used to always be in the same room as me, though she only wanted to cuddle when SHE wanted to cuddle, haha. She never slept with me. She likes her cat stand to sleep on. Though now that I got a brand new kitten (Lexie), recently Maxie has been alot more interested in her of course.

I felt a bit of a pang of sadness, as I love when Maxie does her special things with me, (like paw at me for me to pick her up when I'm sitting her typing at the computer, lol) She's been pre-occupied though, so it hasn't happened as much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Premier Cat

I haven't been anywhere in my apartment alone in 4 years.......
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
I haven't been anywhere in my apartment alone in 4 years.......

LOL! Same here....all six of my cats seem to migrate to whatever room of the house I'm in. Ella is like a permanent fur coat on my legs, ha-ha.

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Cool Cat

I joke that the phrase "Like trying to herd cats" is clearly inaccurate, because I can "herd" Apollo anywhere with ease! He follows me around a lot, especially if I just got home or if he's hungry.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Senior Cat

Yah, like others here, she follows me everywhere.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Cool Cat

My Baby Oreo usually follows me from one room to the next. I think she just wants to be wherever I am. Even though she may not necessarily be right next to me, she has to be in the same room. My Little Pumpkin just started doing the same and I think it's adorable. They must love me as I love them!!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Cat Addict

Yes, when they hear the treat bag shaking...lol

Or when I am being lectured that dinner or breakfast is late.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Tom Cat

Treize is quite independant.

Patch is almost always within 2 meters away from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page