living up to my handle-name.. just my luck. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

living up to my handle-name.. just my luck.

So my best friend from high school is getting married tomorrow, Saturday, and I am the Maid of Honor. I'm so excited!

However.

Wouldn't you know, this morning before my shower, I'm wrapped in my towel, and I pick up Lumen to put her on the window-sill. She leaps from my arms, and in pushing her back legs off my chest, she SCRATCHES THE $%#! out of my chest/bust line. I now have three, 2-inch-long scratches on my chest, one of them bleeding.

Guess who has a gorgeous low-cut bridesmaid dress to wear IN 24 HOURS.

I am furious.. with myself, for not thinking and picking up a cat in a towel. The day before my best friend's wedding.

The swelling is going down, and I'm dousing it in rubbing alcohol to keep it clean.. Lumen has no clue what she did or why I screamed bloody murder as she jumped. She's sitting about 10 feet away from me now, looking at me pensively.

Okay, I'll be fine. Nothing a spray-tan won't fix, I hope. What, I'm from Jersey.

/pityparty

Christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:48 AM
Cat

You can always try some pancake make up under the tan to try and blend the scratch into the skin....most pharmacy sell it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Cat Addict

aawww...that sux...as luck would have it. That would've been me, too...lol and I live in NY...hahaha.

Hope it all works out in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Cat Addict

It's a jersey thing!!

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Senior Cat

I'm from England and I spray tan!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

LOL, thanks all. I bought some "airbrush effect" pancake makeup that I'm playing with now. The swelling went down, but the three scratches are there, and red, and angry-looking. I'm very fair-skinned (Irish/Polish/German) so they stand out strongly.

Hopefully with some good makeup, this spray-tan, and plenty of drinks at the open bar, no one will notice.

Crazy kitties!

Christine
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Cat

Be careful with spray tanning...it usually goes on even except on irregular surfaces...such as a raised/slightly bumpy cat scratch. So you may be evenly tanned with dark brown scratches across your chest where the dye built up. In which case, I'd just use some cover up makeup to dab across the scratches. And carry that same makeup with you during the wedding for touch ups. Just make SURE that you're ABSOLUTELY positive it's the right shade. Have somebody else check it outside in broad daylight and tell you if it'll work or not. It's more or less impossible to be certain of a shade on our own bodies in bathroom lighting. And I'd rather have some cat scratches than a funky blotchy colored chest in wedding photos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Tom Cat

I was in my brother's wedding last September and spray tanned for it.....and I'm from Maine! LOL
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Tom Cat

Try some benadryl spray for the redness & swelling!

Worst case there is a funny story for the pictures

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Cat

I would get a liquid bandaid for it, then after it dries, put some makeup on it. Should be easier to blend if there's a smooth surface, AND you won't risk infecting the scratches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page