My cat is not my cat :) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My cat is not my cat :)

So, I have my main cat Danna, but there was a gorgeous black cat that likes to come inside to play with me. I've known him for the longest time now, but I thought he was just a stray cat. He always liked to be outside but everytime he saw me coming from work he would come inside my house to play with me. One day I noticed that he was getting all the (females) outside and I didn't want him to get them pregnant. I grabbed him and took him to get his shots, neuter, and dewormed. I was also thinking of taking him when I move from here. I thought he was outdoor/indoor cat because he comes inside the house but gets desperate to go outside. He is very friendly and I love him, but today he came to my house with a collar, with his name on it and a phone number that means he has a house and it is the property of someonse else. I spent all that money on him, and he will not be mine. Well, at least I neuter him lol. His name on the tag read...Spartacus Rodrigues, and according to me I gave him the name "Blackie" what should I do? He came to my house and wanted to get in and I did let him in to play with me, but now that I know that he has owners I think I should not let him in my house no more. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat

My cat is not my cat :(

Sorry I wanted to put on sad face on the title, but ended up putting a happy one......

Last edited by marie73; 06-17-2011 at 10:56 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Cat

That sounds like a situation I experienced.
I wouldn't let him in your house anymore. He's someone else's cat, and they might not like it if they knew he was going into someone else's house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

But...

Ohh but I love him...but I guess I shouldn't let him in no more

Last edited by marie73; 06-17-2011 at 10:56 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Cat

And even though you took him to the vet, and got all that stuff done, his owners might not be pleased that he got fixed.... I wouldn't be if my cat came home without his junk. They might have had plans for him...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
Premier Cat

Well, if he was valuable breeding stock it's pretty doubtful he'd be allowed to wander at his own will. If his owners did NOT have a collar/tag on him they have no right to complain that someone did the right thing and had him fixed.

Personally, I'd still let him in and play with him and then let him out when he was ready to go home. If his owners are that worried about him visiting then they'll keep him inside.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Senior Cat

I wouldn't worry about it. Play with him all you want.

If he is in your yard then he is free game to love. If the owners don't like that then kindly remind them of laws pertaining to free roaming cats in your area.
If they don't want him over at your house, then they need to keep him locked up.

Kind of reminds me of the movie Lady and the Tramp where Tramp had different owners each night of the week
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineth View Post
So, I have my main cat Danna, but there was a gorgeous black cat that likes to come inside to play with me. I've known him for the longest time now, but I thought he was just a stray cat. He always liked to be outside but everytime he saw me coming from work he would come inside my house to play with me. One day I noticed that he was getting all the (females) outside and I didn't want him to get them pregnant. I grabbed him and took him to get his shots, neuter, and dewormed. I was also thinking of taking him when I move from here. I thought he was outdoor/indoor cat because he comes inside the house but gets desperate to go outside. He is very friendly and I love him, but today he came to my house with a collar, with his name on it and a phone number that means he has a house and it is the property of someonse else. I spent all that money on him, and he will not be mine. Well, at least I neuter him lol. His name on the tag read...Spartacus Rodrigues, and according to me I gave him the name "Blackie" what should I do? He came to my house and wanted to get in and I did let him in to play with me, but now that I know that he has owners I think I should not let him in my house no more. What do you guys think?
My feeling is that if his owners aren't responsible enough to so much as get him fixed, they aren't fit to own a cat in the first place.

Most the kittens born feral wind up starving, getting hit by cars, or suffer terribly in many other ways. Very rarely do they ever lead fulfilling lives.

My feeling is that you should keep him, and that his owners should be spayed and neutered. I have TNR'ed almost a dozen cats in my neighborhood, found homes for some who tamed nicely, and stabilized the feral population around my place somewhat.

I wish there were one active TNR'er for every ignorant pet owner.

Last edited by smilodon; 06-17-2011 at 10:52 PM. Reason: forget to add one thought
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Good one...

You are so right. I have done eight cats with that program too. But "Blackie" is different I thought he was my cat although he hates to be inside all the time that is why I fixed him because he was getting the females outside. Trust me there are a lot of feral cats where I live some of them have gotten killed by cars. I want to take a female that just gave birth to kitties but the feral coalition told me it is too early to do that. My husband says not to let him in because if the owners see me getting him they would not like it. I am sad though because the main reason he comes here is because likes to play with me. Although I did notice that he lost weight because he disapeared for almost nine days. I love my Blackie!!

Last edited by marie73; 06-18-2011 at 05:08 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I don't want to feel guilty..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_NH View Post
i agree...enjoy him. Besides for all his owners know he might have been caught up in a TNR program. No need for them to know you did it.
I do want to keep seeing him, but I don't want to feel guilty that he is someone else's cat. My husband says no, but Blackiest eyes say yes...so I am still on limbo here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page