Deer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Deer

Yes that is right, deer. Now I know deer will be hostile when they have a fawn but i had to stop an overly aggressive one from attacking jack yesterday.

He was up at the main house I was down in my barn apartment and i whistled for him, he came running and slid to a sliding stop. In the drive way about 15 ft away a deer had noticed him (deer are common here though they tend to stay in the pasture area with the horses) - The deer started to move towards jack aggressively and i had to get in the middle and chase the deer off.. unfortunately towards freya our other cat who was "curious" in the exchange in which the deer went after her for a few seconds but she booked it by me and the deer ran off..

Made for an entertaining day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Cat Addict

There's recently deer in our city too, but not in the neighborhood I live. The neighbors call her Fiona. lol She and her twins were hanging around the neighborhood and now they are trying to take her to a safer home. I said maybe the forest is being cut down.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Tom Cat

The deer have always been curious of Midnight, the wild cat, and try to get close to him. In the Winter, the local herd is about 50, and their attention to him can be overwhelming, but in the Summer, there are just a few "regulars". Two of the new "moms" lay at the edge of the wood-line chewing their cuds and they have seen me with Midnight. The deer all know me so he has been accepted through association by the "regulars".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Senior Cat

Last night we watched a video on CNN about a deer. Crazy CRAZY thing to see. Can you imagine looking up and seeing a deer dead in electrical wires?! Talk about a mystery!

It ended up that a bald Eagle grabbed the deer and dropped it on the way to the nest. I knew they could pick up larger animals but WOW.

I know its sad to see the deer dead but remember it was nature that did it... the poor Bald Eagle lost his breakfast

Still a crazy thing to see.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Cat

Have any of you seen this video? I am not sure why they changed the title of it, but if you havent seen it, it does get pretty graphic.. that cat got lucky, the dog not so much.

"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God". ~Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page