Enzyme Cleaners - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Enzyme Cleaners

That's what you need for pee spots, right?
I know Nok Out is one of them, but what are some other brands? Nature's Miracle?
Where can I find these? Walmart? Petsmart/Petco? Or only online?
Thank you everybody

The dog may be wonderful prose, but only the cat is poetry. - French Proverb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Cat Addict

I just bought some Nature's Miracle at Petsmart yesterday, it was around $10.

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Cat Addict

You can likely find enzyme cleaners at any pet store and often in grocery stores, if they have a pet section. I've never had any luck with them working, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
You can likely find enzyme cleaners at any pet store and often in grocery stores, if they have a pet section. I've never had any luck with them working, though.
What do you use then?

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:23 AM
Cat Addict

Well... nothing. I have heard it works wonders for some animals but it was a lost cause as far as stopping my cat from peeing in the same location again, just because it no longer smelled like pee didn't mean he didn't want to pee there any longer. All we could ever do was block the location off, then he'd go find a different location.

Along with the dogs
and
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:25 AM
Cat

We use Rug Doctor Pet Urine Enzyme cleaner such. It works great on other stains too Oh, and we found ours at both Kroger and Dollar General, so I'm sure it's all over the place.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:30 AM
Senior Cat

I don't have carpeting so I just mop with either bleach or Lysol and hot water. I never had a problem.

I never had luck with those enzyme cleaners when Bentley was a puppy and house training. Luckily the kittens use the litter and we haven't had any accidents.

The BEST thing I find by far are those glow lights. I would go over the house with one and make sure to scrub extra carefully if I came across a glowing spot. Using it helped me train Bentley pretty quick.

I think they are more helpful then anything else as you can find spots that you might have missed. Just a few tiny drops is all it takes to confuse those critters.

Since I love animals ~ and I love animals with LONG hair I opted long ago to go tile and hard wood and tore out all the carpeting in the house.
My pets are good but ..well.. Bentley loves rolling in mud puddles and digging in his sandbox. I have asthma as well and am highly allergic to fleas. With tile and hard wood I don't ever have to worry about buried dirt or fur or a flea infestation. I do use monthly spot control but one never knows. I also have 2 teen boys and a girl who are forever tracking stuff in.
Its always nice to yank out the Cloroxx and go nuts with it =D
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Jr. Cat

I have used for Nature's Miracle cleaner for several years. We have carpet in the bedrooms and tile in the rest of the house. I buy it at oPetco or Amazon.com in the gallon size. It lasts a really long time. I use a small spray bottle and refill as needed. It gets used to remove different types of stains....works great on any organic mess (urine, poop, blood, grass, etc). For carpet I follow the directions and then use the Bissel steam cleaner vacuum to completely remove any urine spot. For tile I clean up the accident, spray, let it sit for 5+ minutes, and finally wipe the area again.

Blacklights work great for finding old stains so they can be cleaned/removed.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

How big would a pee spot be approximately? I found lots of tiny spots, and a couple weird streaks, but no like, puddles like I expected. (His pee clumps are always Huge in the litterbox)
Should I just clean All the spots (most smaller than a dime) or just the weird streaks? After cleaning, will the spots go away? Is that how I know the enzyme cleaner worked?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

When an animal pees on carpet, you will see a small spot on the top (where it enters) and as it soaks down it spreads underneath. For that reason, you need to pour on the cleaner, not spray. If you think the average amount he pees is say 1/4 cup, then pour on 1/2 cup to make sure it sinks in beyond the area that the pee spread to. And let it air dry at full strength.

So yes, do all those tiny spots...some may only be on the surface, but you never know what's underneath.

My preference is Nature's Miracle.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page