Comfort during the sad times. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Comfort during the sad times.

My cats help me through the difficult times so often. They will come up and touch their noses to mine or cuddle up to me and give head butts. Lately I have been so grateful for their purrs and all the times they make me smile.

How do your cats comfort you?

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Cat

Oh, sometimes I don't know what I'd do without my girls.

Lately I've been having a hard time. I've been very emotional, whenever I cry both girls come up to me for snuggles. Last time Mitzi jumped up and put her paw against my cheek. Evie followed and kissed my other cheek. Bless them.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

Little Chiquita has been a comfort to me since Samantha died last month.

She doesn't miss her house mate but I don't hold that against her, they were both mean to each other.
She's thrived being alpha kitty and likes a lot of attention from Papa, she's more needed then I'd prefer but I learned a long time ago to accept the cat I have not the cat I wish I had, they all have their own quirks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Jr. Cat

back 10 years (plus a little) when my Mom was fighting cancer fir the 2nd time and then dying and on hospice I think all of my waking hours at home were in tears and the minute I set myself in bed those 3 angels of mine were there. purring and all i can say is i felt comforted. After my mom died it was the same. and a friends cat did something similar when I was babysitting her kids-she sat on my lap and then looked at me in the eyes and started licking my hand. All of those cats are now at the rainbow bridge but I will never ever forget it. I tear up now to think of it! I haven't been through something like that for a long time. Sam was the last to leave me and I have adopted the current bunch since. I only lasted 2 weeks without Sam and was searching the Shelter for a friend.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Cat Addict

Nutmeg slaps me across the face when I cry...

Becky, the proud momma of:

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Senior Cat

I was on 24 hour bed rest my last 2 months pregnant with my daughter (now 10 and healthy as can be). sasha kept me company but didn't pester me as she understood I was in a grumpy whiney mood. She would knead my tummy and my daughter would fall asleep

But as much as her and I have a special relationship ~ she is really my hubby's heart and soul. you can tell the moment he walks through the door.
If he has a headache or isn't feeling well, she acts very different... its strange to explain but you can see the difference.

two months ago my husband did his best to cut his thumb off with a router saw. It was dang close! I had to run him to the hospital, leaving blood all over the ground. When my oldest came home from school (we were still at the hospital) sasha was rolling around in the blood ~ making a huge mess and crying pitifully. Luckily I was able to reach him on his cell phone before he walked in because who knows what he would have thought!!!

As soon as we got home with 20 stitches Sasha wouldn't leave his side for 2 days. We had to rewrap and keep the bandages on super good because she would lick them off while he was sleeping lol
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Kitten

My cat Weiland is definitely my stress relief. When I am having a bad day, all I can think about is getting to massage him when I get home. I will lose him soon, because he has cancer. I am devastated. He loves getting massaged with his mini hand massager. It is so cute. He purrs and purrs. Before he got sick and he was himself, he would hear me drive up and would be waiting in the hall to follow me in my room. Writing this makes me cry....

Last edited by marie73; 06-19-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: removed link
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

That is so funny! I can't believe he doesn't run!
I'm so sorry he has cancer. I hope the time he has left is long and happy. He looks a lot like my Tweezer that I lost a few months ago.

Sue

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:53 PM
Cat Addict

Aw!

Um.. Misa will sleep by me though and kneed on my clothes. I think you all who had cats for a long time notice, but I hear that when cats lick and suck on your clothes, they are going back to kittenhood and thinking that you are the mom or something. Weird but cute..
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Jr. Cat

Weiland's massage was adorable. When my daughter cries Yoshi, our dog, howls. It's the only time he howls. Cinder likes to get up into my arms then gently paw my face while licking my chin and purring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page