Toy reviews! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Toy reviews!

I don't know if this should go in Behavior or not...

I know everybody recommends Da Bird. I have never used it. My cats at home don't really play too much, except with empty toilet paper rolls and dirty socks ;p

A little pricey, but soooo worth it!

We have this toy at the cat center, and they LOVE it!
I love it because I can turn it on, and it keeps the cats occupied - and out of my way - while I clean.
There is a cat who is 2 years old, but still very much a kitten...ENERGY! This thing will wear him out in about 20 minutes, and then he's completely konked out. Would be a nice thing to have if you have a cat that pesters you before bed... then you BOTH can sleep

The little wand/mouse does sometimes come off with the more aggressive cats biting at it, but it easily goes right back on. Even the 'skirt' has lasted through a very large cat taking it in his teeth and trying to drag the whole thing across the room (away from the other cats..."Mine, all mine!" LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Cool Cat

I have the same toy. And it was great for the first 3 days. Meatball batt at the "mouse", and Metoo catch the "mouse" by mouth and drag the entire toy around the room. It's fun for them and me. Then after day 3, my cats suddently just don't care about it anymore. I though if I give it a break by not turning it on for a week, and the next time it is on my cats will be interested again. Nope. Seems they decided to move on forever

Yet they never lose passion on paper balls made out of grocery receipt. And plastic spoons. And straws. And boxes. Basically anything free. Since undercover mouse (the most expensive toy I bought for them) I never buy any toy more than 10$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Cat

LOL, I thought it was only my silly kitty who loves toilet paper rolls. Mack comes into our room in the early mornings after my husband goes to work and if he's not ready to lay down by me and go to sleep he'll go into our bathroom and found an old toilet paper roll and loves it. Peanut loves boxes too. My other cats used to too. Silly kitties. My kittens favorite toys are those little pom pom balls and the crunchy paper ones too. I also found these cute little stuffed "cat faces" that Mack loves. They are basically a small stuffed ball. He doesn't seem too fond of noisy toys yet, they seem to scare him. Peanut is just starting to play with toys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Jonah gets SOOO excited when I come home from grocery shopping . . . not b/c of anything I bought for him but b/c he gets a new, fresh paper sack! The old one loses its allure after a day or 2, so he's always excited about a new one and he plays with it relentlessly! I always ask for paper, please--for Jonah!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Tom Cat

Four of my six cats love the UnderCover Mouse toy! Sometimes three of them at
a time will sit around this toy trying to catch the mouse tail. I was really surprised
that my 17-year old cat who is very frail loved this toy as much as the younger ones
did.

I usually give them a good workout with string toys and Da Bird and then let them
work out what is left of their energy on the UnderCover Mouse toy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
F/3
Cat

Just a random You tube video

Mark
F3 Savannah, simba (8 months)
Himalayan, mocha (11 years old)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Banned

I just bought a Whirly Gig from Petco over the weekend. Its a life stages toy. I wish I could post a link but I dont know how to. It has a ball in the middle and a wand going out from the 2 sides (the wands get slimmer as they extend outward with2 litteler balls on the end). She has a blast twirling it around and batting it all around the kitchen floor. It was only $3.99.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page