Cat fell in the river - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Cat fell in the river

Second one. Don't think he'll be doing that again.
He was chasing a bird and PLONK SPLASH. He's ok. Now both my cats have had that wonderful experience, and how they managed to scramble out over the big ledge I don't know.

Oh dear, let's just hope they've both learnt their lesson now. The river has a bit of a current too. A bit scary. I guess it's good news that cats CAN swim when they absolutely have to. Poor thing.
Now, it's bathtime. That river isn't the most sanitary of places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Cool Cat

Oooooh, that would give me a heart attack if it was my cat! But I guess it's better than cat fell in the toliet Funny that when I saw my Metoo fell into toliet, I was thinking exactly the same thing: Good news that I know cats CAN get out of toliet by themselves

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Cool Cat

This is why I don't let my cats outside. We have a big artesian well, and the cover over it is VERY flimsy. The ferals walk on it all the time and haven't fallen in...yet. But the well isn't full, and the walls are so steep, they could NOT get out if they did fall in.

Plus with raccoons (the mean kind...they have been attacking my feral colony, though I've heard 'coons can/will share feeding stations friendly-like), foxes, neighbor dogs, a busy street... I just don't let my kitties out without a harness & leash. And then hope they don't squirm out of the harness! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Jr. Cat

Thank goodness they are okay!!! I would have died if it was one of my cats. I remember when my kitten was smaller, I was using the restroom and felt something furry and wet. The silly girl had jumped from the bathtub to the toilet thinking the lid was closed and fell in. She's never done it again, lol!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Cat

LOL at cats in toilets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid Dawn View Post
This is why I don't let my cats outside. We have a big artesian well, and the cover over it is VERY flimsy. The ferals walk on it all the time and haven't fallen in...yet. But the well isn't full, and the walls are so steep, they could NOT get out if they did fall in.

Plus with raccoons (the mean kind...they have been attacking my feral colony, though I've heard 'coons can/will share feeding stations friendly-like), foxes, neighbor dogs, a busy street... I just don't let my kitties out without a harness & leash. And then hope they don't squirm out of the harness! LOL
yeh, it's weird. the lady at the shelter said the cats will keep away from the river (which is at the end of the garden). And of course, they usually do.....until they are in hunting mode and a duck leads them in the wrong direction! Oh dear, cats are pretty unpredictable....so i'd make sure your cats are pretty well protected when walking over that well! LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page