I've decided... one day... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I've decided... one day...

If i ever get a black and white kitty later in life (because now my mom would kill me if we got more lol)... im going to name him/her Orca.

Orca whales have always been my favourite wild animal, and since owning a black and white cat is far more likely... thats what ive decided.

It can go either gender too, its not really specific.

Cute decision? Been done before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Cat

Orca sounds more like a female name than a male name. But sure, why not? I love how you're planning what to name a hypothetical cat you don't even know will ever come into your life...

... and I'm sure many members of this board have done the same.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Cool Cat

Orco would work for a boy cat.

I've been wanting to name a cat Tacocat my whole life and every time a new fuzzy enters my home someone else vetos it. Haruuuummmmph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Cool Cat

Every time I hear/see "Orca", I think of Oprah Wimfrey... not because of her weight (gosh, I'm not that kind of prejudice!), but because her name was supposed to be "Orpah"...a name from the bible. However, whoever did the birth certificate messed up. Or at least that's the story I've been told...whether it's true or not, I always associate killer whales with famous talk show host as "orca" and "orpah" sound almost the same LOL

Names being messed up on legal certificates happen quite a bit, I think. A friend was supposed to be "Lori", but ended up "Lora". On my marriage certificate my ex father-in-law ended up being "George Brain", rather than Brian.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:52 AM
Cool Cat

any name that you put thought into is great, so i say go for it! i've never seen the name orca myself, so i imagine it's pretty unique.

and jacq, i think tacocat is a great name, too! you should call you next kitty that, anyway, no matter what the family says. it can just be your special nickname for him. we all have nicknames for our babies.

in fact, ever since we saw that thread on flufferpants, my husband's been calling Angel that, too! we think it's cute. although i prefer flufferpie.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Tom Cat

I am saving the name Julius for an orange cat, Harvey for a split faced border collie (or cat), and Shasta for something....
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Cat

I love Orca for a black n white kitty either girl or boy it is a very sweet name & has a lovely thought behind it

I hope you get your Orca one day

I often think of name's for the Savana & Oriental kitty's I hope to one day brig into our family

I like Simba for a girl or boy Savana

Belle for a girl Oriental but havent decided on a bot Oriental name yet

"what greater gift......than the love of a cat?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Cool Cat

There is (was?) a famous Orca whale named Shamu. I think that's a very adorable name (hint hint)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Kitten

HA! I love the name Orca for a cat. How funny to name one of the smallest pets after one of the largest mammals!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Tom Cat

Orca is an adorable name for that colouring! Well for any colouring really, but so cute

A few years ago I was set that my next female kitty would be named Stella. I even incorporated it as one of my Day Zero Project items - Get another kitty and name her Stella. Then when I got Apple she wasn't a Stella nor was she a Penny which was my second choice for a name. She was more ridiculous. And so... she's Apple. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page