What are your cats scared of the most? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Question What are your cats scared of the most?

Just thought this would be interesting... What are your cats scared of the most?

To my Meatball, it's the thunder. Every time when there is a thunder storm, she runs around the house like a headless chicken

To my Metoo, it's human sneezing. Hey, I know it's a sudden, and somewhat loud noise, but do you have to act like the sky is falling? There was once she was eating and I sneezed (sorry but that cannot be held!), she dashed forward, stepping right into her dish, and spreaded her wet food all over the floor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Tom Cat

Ritz is scared of anything sudden, be it noise or movement. She lived on the streets for the first four to six months of her life. So she is not spooked by garbage collection or sirens. She doesn't like the sound of wind too much, but isn't bothered by wind chimes.
If I suddenly move my foot from the hassock to the floor, then she flinches. Since I adopted her, I tell her where I am, going: "behind you honey"; "moving around you". Helps her.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Banned

My next door neighbors kids running up the hall stairs, talking/ sometimes yelling loudly. She either buries herself into me if she is on the couch
cuddled up while I'm reading or watching tv or runs and hides in the bedroom closet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Cool Cat

it's usually just any sudden movement or noise. and most of the time it's from my husband who will NOT slow down or quiet down no matter how many times i remind him Angel gets spooked by it. so aggravating.

july 4th is coming up and people love their fireworks around here unfortunately so we have yet to see how she reacts to those. don't usually get thunder luckily, but she does run back inside or away from the doors if a big plane goes overhead. (we're right on the flight path, too!) i dread how she'll be when the blue angels fly overhead for their annual show in seattle, though.

other than that, she's a pretty tough cookie.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Premier Cat

MowMow's biggest fear is my ex husband. I have NO idea why. Ryan has never hurt him. If MowMow is in the window and sees him get out of his car, he high tails it into the kitchen cabinet that runs under the bar (his afraid spot). If he hears him talking (even on speaker phone) he runs to his afraid spot. If he is sleeping and Ryan suddenly walks into the apartment he looks panicked and runs to his afraid spot. The minute Ryan leaves or hangs up and I call out "MowMow! It's ok, he's gone!" He comes out and looks around cautiously then goes back to being himself.

Shepherd Book is terrified of cars. I found out the painful way while carrying him out on a walk. He gouged serious ruts into my arms (leaving permanent scars) and flipped out. He is also afraid of dogs but reacts VERY differently with them. He gets all defensive and aggressive. My ex husband has brought his dog over a few times and had to stop (thank goodness since it wasn't very good at being housebroken in MY house) because Shepherd Book would attack the dog. Every time the poor thing moved the slightest bit Book would lunge at it and attack it's face.
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Cool Cat

Io hates Roomba. When Rooma's running, Io crouches and stares and hisses and carries on. She doesn't hide, though. It's wierd - we've tried putting he in a different room but she always escapes or cries until we let her out. She hates Roomba but doesn't want to let it out of her sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMow View Post
MowMow's biggest fear is my ex husband. I have NO idea why. Ryan has never hurt him. If MowMow is in the window and sees him get out of his car, he high tails it into the kitchen cabinet that runs under the bar (his afraid spot). If he hears him talking (even on speaker phone) he runs to his afraid spot. If he is sleeping and Ryan suddenly walks into the apartment he looks panicked and runs to his afraid spot. The minute Ryan leaves or hangs up and I call out "MowMow! It's ok, he's gone!" He comes out and looks around cautiously then goes back to being himself.
My sister's cat Cheshire is very wary around men and general, but there was one particular boyfriend he absolutely hated. We figure he must have looked like someone in Cheshire's past (Marie and I rescued him around a year old... ok let's be honest, we stole him from some people in the neighbourhood because he was always covered in liquor and/or hard candies/lollipops). He loved my partner, and would always be within 3 feet of him the whole time he was with us, but even then Andrew could only get 2-3 pats off before Cheshire would bite him, though he never ever bit me. This boyfriend mentioned above, though, he'd see this man, fluff up, and hide. You'd heard that low rrrrRRRRRrrrrrr from the cupboards. I don't think he ever got over it, but that boyfriend didn't last very long.
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Cat

Orry is afraid of sudden noises and thunder sends him running under the bed until the storm passes.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Premier Cat

Yeah, it's weird. I've always figured he reminded him of someone bad. Either that or I give off enough 'annoyed vibe' when Ryan is around that MowMow picks up on it. Repairmen, cable guys, apartment maintenance guys... any one that comes into the apartment MOwMOw investigates thoroughly and hangs out with. In my old apartment when they fixed the garbage disposal I walked into the kitchen to find the guy under the sink with MowMOw sitting on his chest watching him work.....

MowMow USED to be terrified of the vacuum cleaner but for some reason since Book got here (who is not afraid of it in the slightest) he deals with it much better and just yells at me when I'm done vacuuming. NO more hiding or running. He just gets up on something high and watches.
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Since I adopted her, I tell her where I am, going: "behind you honey"; "moving around you". Helps her.
Haha that's very sweet and funny! If it were my cats and if they can talk, they will definitely say "Would you please shut up for a moment!" But I think Ritz will appreciate that

Quote:
She either buries herself into me if she is on the couch cuddled up while I'm reading
That is so sweet! I wish my cats would do that! I once complained to my mom about this. Why would my cats rather running around than coming to me? Am I not strong enough or reliable enough to protect them? They surely don't have too much confidence in me

Quote:
july 4th is coming up and people love their fireworks around here unfortunately so we have yet to see how she reacts to those.
Good luck! My cats actually like fireworks. They can sit by the window for hours watching those

Quote:
MowMow's biggest fear is my ex husband.
Ha ha ha! Oh it's bad to laugh in office but I cannot help... Now THAT is the best one so far! How does your ex feel about it?

Quote:
Io hates Roomba.
Have you seen these videos?
Show them to Io and tell her what she has missed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yingying; 06-14-2012 at 11:40 AM.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Cat Addict

I think my cats are most afraid of each other. And other cats whom they decide are dangerous.

The Royal von Meouw Dynasty: His Royal Highness the late Prince von Meouw,
Her Royal Highness Princess Gatita von Meouw, Nikita Duchess of Meouw and
His Highness Cuchi-Cuchi, next in line for the throne of Prince von Meouw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page