Do your cats ever scare the crap out of you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Do your cats ever scare the crap out of you?

Miley just looooves to sneak up on me and scare me. One of her favorite spots is under the ottoman. She will hide under there and grab my foot when I walk by. Or I'll be sitting on the couch with my feet on the ottoman and as soon as I put them on the floor she will reach out and grab my toe! I've gotten used to that so it doesn't startle me too much anymore. Also I can be cleaning or digging through a drawer and she will sneak under the drawer or behind the tv stand or whatever and when I move around the corner or close the drawer she jumps out. About gives me a heart attack!

Yesterday I was doing laundry and went into my room to get the clothes out of my wicker hamper. There was just a little bit in the bottom of the basket and when I reached in, the "clothes" were furry and they moved! Omg. Lol, how is it they can anticipate your next move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Jr. Cat

Oh no, I hope Figaro doesn't read this and get any ideas. ^_^ Right now he doesn't ever really bother doing any sneaking around; he's always bouncing around with the dogs or up on the couch in plain sight.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Premier Cat

Only when they do the 'kitties of the corn' thing. I turn around to them staring intently at me.... freaks me out every time.

Last edited by MowMow; 06-15-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My sister was here one day and said OMG they're staring at me with the evil eye! Lol.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Cool Cat

Cheshire cat used to scare me by hiding for 24+ hours at a time. I used to work myself into a state, convinced he must have gotten out of the house because there's no way 20+lbs of cat could be hiding anywhere. Then he would saunter out from wherever it was for dinner and I'd be so mad/relieved.

Io only scares/unnerves us during *that*. She does the 'kitty of the corn' face and yowls at the edge of the bed.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 12:37 PM
Tom Cat

The only time Ritz scared me was entirely my fault: I didn't realize the hole in the screen was large enough for her to escape. Came home from work to see her looking at me from OUTSIDE on the balcony--three stories high. She couldn't figure how to get back in.
And yeah, not being able to find Ritz in a small one bedroom apartment would scare me.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Senior Cat

Sophie does this when we put our hand on the back of the couch. If we move our fingers she will jump up and grab them(without claws). The first time she did this to bf he screamed and jumped up. Lol
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh, Miley has claws and is not afraid to use them.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Poetess
Yes. Finn *zoooooom* pounces very fast when he decides he wants on a lap - he's so fast and quiet that it can surprise you. The only thing you hear is this little hummy purr sound that he makes the second he lands. lol

- Carolyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Cat Addict

Yes, in the way that I think I've killed the cat. Blacky sleeps on my black computer chair sometimes... me flinging myself on it and thinking I've squished her to death? I've done that twice. If I wasn't skinny and didn't have fast reflexes, there would not have been positive outcomes...

And if you count the fact that she's brought earth worms in on her fur at least twice, and then I've gone to pet her and touched them... and those scared me when I had no idea what I was touching... then yes... definitely cats have scared me.

And Blaze... Blaze likes to viciously attacks sometimes. Afraid for my legs and arms and hands and feet... yup...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page