Ordered an Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter box... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Ordered an Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter box...

I ordered one over the weekend and got the email that it was shipped yesterday. I can't wait!! I am going out of town for a few days in a couple of weeks and my sister is coming in to take care of my pets. I realized that the litter box was going to need to be cleaned while we were gone and she hated cleaning hers and always had her kids do it, so didn't know how keen she's be on cleaning mine and had planned to get this box eventually anyhow, so decided to go ahead and get it now. Figured it'd be super easy for her to empty this way while I'm gone. Sure hope the kittens like it!! I think it'll be a great addition box. I'll put it where their current one is and then put their current one in the bathroom.

Here is a link if you aren't familiar with this litter box.

Roll'n Clean Litter box | Self Cleaning Litter Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Cat Addict

Never seen anything like this - have you used one before? Are they really as effective as they sound?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Cat Addict

I have one. Maybe you'll have better luck with it than I did, some people really like it. The box was too small with the catcher inside and I found it not that useful - tipping it around and getting everything out wasn't simple or that easy, I realised I'd rather just scoop the old fashioned way. I removed the side piece and it functions as a regular litter box now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Along with the dogs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Last time I checked, everyone gave it pretty good reviews so I hope I'll like it. I was a little nervous about the actual box being small, so I guess we'll see. Right now the kittens are little, so maybe if I like it, but it seems small I'll just order the bigger one later to replace whichever box they use the most.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Premier Cat

I love mine. The only complaint I have, and it's not the box it's my cats! Is that MowMow doesn't cover his poo so if it's at ALL soft and I roll the litterbox it smears. I have to remember to kind of half tip it to cover all the poos and then roll it the rest of the way.

My cats are 12.6 and 9.7 (weighed this morning) and not fat fat (ok, MowMow's a bit pudgy, but he's not obese fat) and for the most part fit in it ok. MowMOw hangs his head out so it's no biggie. The kitten pees kind of down the back wall of it but he always did that, even when he was tiny.

I do find that because of the kitten peeing down the back side the pee clumps so I have to whack it hard on the side/back to break the clump off the side. It helps if I keep it really deep. If you keep it super deep though remember to roll it slooowwlllyyy to give all the litter time to sift so you're not wasting a ton in the catch pan.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks for the tips.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Tom Cat

I also love mine. I give it a good whack when it's upside down, but beyond that, it works exactly as advertised. I got the large box, and it does have quite a big footprint , but I have the space for it, and my kitten has been able to use it with no problems from day 1 (about 10 weeks old).

I totally emptied and cleaned it after my first three weeks of use and there was no odor and nothing to really clean. I'll be cleaning it again next week (5 weeks since last cleaning). I'm looking for the sweet spot of cleanliness and not wasting litter that's still good.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Cat

How often do you have to refill the litter between cleanings? How many times per day do you "roll" it? Getting excited to get mine, I hope it comes soon!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Premier Cat

I clean (roll) both of mine 3 times a day. I dump the waste into dog waste bags (like for walking dogs) after each roll.

I add litter as needed. The back bedroom box they usually only use for poos so that one hardly ever needs litter. The other one is used for wee and I have to add litter to that twice a week or so (I add a *LOT* of water to their food).
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page