Cat Agility? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
Cat Agility?

CFA Agility

I just saw this and my jaw dropped, lol. My dog does Agility but I NEVER thought they had it for cats... Has anyone here ever heard or done this with there cat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Tom Cat

Midnight, the wild cat, demonstrating agility while navigating through the woods.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Tom Cat

Cute! My cats are so jealous of midnight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~*Regina*~
Hehe
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Cat

I'm not sure how they'd do in agility, but when it comes to flexiblity, my two raggies would at minimum win a ribbon. I swear they have skeletons made of rubber bands and jello.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 01:15 PM
Cat Addict

When we went to Meet the Breeds (a yearly dog and cat exhibit), they had courses for cats and dogs. It's a cute event for cats that can handle the lights, noise, being fed in public, and are social enough to interact with spectators and tolearte a lot of handling. My cats would just look at me with the "are you stupid...you want me to do what? Please take me home!" face.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweamgoil View Post
My cats would just look at me with the "are you stupid...you want me to do what? Please take me home!" face.
I'd get the same look.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweamgoil View Post
When we went to Meet the Breeds (a yearly dog and cat exhibit), they had courses for cats and dogs. It's a cute event for cats that can handle the lights, noise, being fed in public, and are social enough to interact with spectators and tolearte a lot of handling. My cats would just look at me with the "are you stupid...you want me to do what? Please take me home!" face.
LOL my cats were 2 of those cats at MTB last year.
It IS a v ery intense event. People kept basically saying the same thing you did, that they could not believe all these cats being so tolerant of crowds, getting petted by thousands of kids and getting their picture taken with people, etc.... but it's pretty much all veteran show cats.
We had 5 cats in our booth and could have used more. We just rotated which cats were out on the tables and kept an eye on them for when they needed a break to go back and chill in their cage or Sturdi shelter.

I've seen Cat Agility and some cats are really amazing at it. I only tried it once but not really in a serious way. I was at a regional show and my young cat was very antsy so I took him in the Agility ring to run around. but he kept getting distracted by the crowd around it I did get him through the course but had to start over several times. I know he did not have a stellar score
You use a wand toy as a lure to get the cat to do the obstacles. I'm sure people have other training tricks they do. It's too bad it's not more popular really. I think people don't even think of training cats. but some people have managed to do quite a lot with clicker training.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Tom Cat

Quite a few videos on YouTube, I hear updates from Oci breeders they seem to do quite well as do the Bengals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page