Cat fountain not well received :-( - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Jr. Cat

Mine take our catit fountain apart, so I don't use it. They take the lid off, pull out the filter and dump the water all over the floor while it was still plugged in. Did anybody else have this happen with their cats? They rarely drank from it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Tom Cat

I wanted to get a fountain at first because my cats didn't drink out of the plastic bowl set that their previous owner sent with them. I read a lot of reviews and did see some where cats had taken them apart. I could see Ollie doing that, he knocks the top off the litter box, and can open the lid on rubbermaid tubs. I just use a large ceramic crock and they drink out of it.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Cool Cat

Someone on the forums posted some beautiful (but really expensive) ceramic cat fountains, that you can customize by size, colour, and glaze. I looked at them wistfully for a few days before realizing there's no way to justify like $200 on a water dish.

Since it's gotten so hot here (35 C... internet says that's 95 F), and we aren't able to open our balconey doors with the constructions, I've been putting some ice cubes in her regular (tiny, stainless steel) water dish. She drinks lots more since it's gotten hot, probably more to cool off then actually being thirsty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacq View Post
Someone on the forums posted some beautiful (but really expensive) ceramic cat fountains, that you can customize by size, colour, and glaze. I looked at them wistfully for a few days before realizing there's no way to justify like $200 on a water dish.

Since it's gotten so hot here (35 C... internet says that's 95 F), and we aren't able to open our balconey doors with the constructions, I've been putting some ice cubes in her regular (tiny, stainless steel) water dish. She drinks lots more since it's gotten hot, probably more to cool off then actually being thirsty.
I want one of those fancy fountains too. Too expensive, though. I saw some on etsy.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Cat

I toyed with the idea of a fountain. However, I imagine the only one that would drink from it would be my dog. I never see Sienna drinking from the bowl. She comes over to watch it swirl a bit when I set it down after refilling (I use a large low sided ceramic dog bowl for water). I do add about a tablespoon of water to her canned for each meal and she doesn't seem to want/need more. And believe me .. it's hot enough outside! it has gotten up to 102 so far this year. Thank goodness for A/C!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
*** the Destroyer ***
~~ ~~ (and Sharon) ~~ ~~
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Senior Cat

Weather wise, it always seems like the Northwest is on a different planet than the rest of the contiguous country. 44 or 45 states will be boiling in heat, freezing cold, or anywhere in between...... Idaho, Washington, Western Montana , and Oregon are completely opposite.

I'm with the others in that I think my cats don't care about the fountain due to their wet food diet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page