Twin cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Twin cats

Does anyone here own twins? I would love to see pictures! I think I remember seeing that someone had beautiful Calico twins?

Browsing Craigslist for cat towers/trees, I came across a post for a pair of twin kittens and they are really incredible looking! Those eyes are interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I call my girls "the twinz", but they're not really, just sisters.

Those little girls are adorable!! Love their eyes!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Oh! Still, your girls are very beautiful!

If I had the room, I would take them both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to LaurulFeatherCat
I had twin multicolored tortie/tabbies back in 1985. We named them Abstract (Abby) and Picassa (Cassie). They looked like an abstract artist threw paint on a cat shaped form but they both had tabby stipes on their legs and head. My ex-wife took all the pictures of the cats with her when she left after 11 years.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Tom Cat

I had twin cats very much like the first ones growing up, solid white with quarter sized grey spots on their heads. The spots faded and as adults they were both solid white. Sugar and Spice. This was back in the day, the only pics I have are two polaroids.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Senior Cat

Ice had two twin brothers: One of them was just identical to Ice: left eye blue, right eye yellow. The other brother has yellow eyes. I kept Ice, and the other bi color kitten was kept by the owner of mom and dad cat. The yellow eyed one, as much as I wanted to keep him after fostering for two months, went with a friend of mine. 5 cats is just too much for us now.

It is interesting to notice now that even tho they were identical at 8 weeks old, now that they are 1 year old they are quite different. Yes, eyes are still the same of course, but Ice turned out to be a strong, muscular cat. Brothers are so small in comparison to him, specially the other odd eyed twin. Do you think that's just genetics?

btw those kitties are adorable. Their eyes are just gorgeous. I would bring them home and have a odd eyed kitty party.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenkolas View Post

It is interesting to notice now that even tho they were identical at 8 weeks old, now that they are 1 year old they are quite different.
The same thing happened with my twins. They were virtually identical as kittens, but Spice ended up very thin while Sugar got chunky, Spice ended up with a narrower face, and their coats were different, with Spice's being shorter and softer and Sugar's being thicker.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

Cali looks like she did as a kitten, but if you click on the link below my signature, Charlee looks completely different. Round face, not a huge ruff like Cali.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
I had twin cats very much like the first ones growing up, solid white with quarter sized grey spots on their heads. The spots faded and as adults they were both solid white..
That's because white isn't a colour, it's a mask. White cats are born with a spot showing what colour they truly are underneath. Your cats were blue, wearing a white mask.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Cat

how do you determine "twins"???

my 2 boy's were born in the same litter but they also had another brother & 2 sister's

does this make them twins because they are from the same litter???

"what greater gift......than the love of a cat?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page