Cats are just like children (two vet visits later) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to corinthia
Cats are just like children (two vet visits later)

Eight days ago my little Apple got sick for the first time in her five years of life (that I know of). She began puking at midnight and continued to do so 13 times. I work at a veterinarian hospital as kennel staff and I was able to bring her in during my morning shift (5am). She was very dehydrated and had a fever of 103. They gave her fluids, antibiotics, and a something to take the fever down. Her blood screen showed that she must have had a virus or infection, and her culture plate showed a bad urinary infection. 7 pills, 7 days later, and a scratch to the face, she is doing much better and back to her old self again.

Then... Two days ago, my baby Chloe started showing signs of a fever. She became a quite cat (which the quite was nice but it made us nervous as she is normally annoying). Over the course of the last two days she ate a lot less than normal and slept a lot more than normal. This morning I took her to the vet. I would have taken her in sooner, but I was advised to give her two days to see if she got better. She didn't and when I brought her in she was dehydrated (no urine to test and she had not used the litter box) and had a fever of 104. She got fluids, antibiotics and something to take the fever down as well. I'm still waiting for the blood screening to come back.

Now I hope it stops with them, as I don't want my other babies to be sick and have to go though all of that, but as anyone who has children/know someone who has children it doesn't seem to work that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zoey + Chloe + Maxwell + Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Cat Addict

Not much I can say, except that I wish you good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Premier Cat

Poor babies, and poor you. I hope that no one else gets sick. It must be exhausting as you worry and take care of them as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page