Questions of da bird refill types - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-14-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Questions of da bird refill types

The Da Bird I ordered finally arrived, and I'm pleased that my cats love it very much. However, they've already pulled off one feather during their first da bird session (they got quite hyper and even a bit violent). So I think I should start ordering some refills now.

I saw there are 4 types of da bird attachments, the regular feathered one, a "sparkle" one that I think is made of some party paper?, one that looks like a ferret tail, and one that called "kitty fluff" or something. I wonder have anyone tried these different types? Are they as good as the regular feathered one? I'm tempted to order that tail-like one, since it looks like it can last longer. But if it's not as fun as the feather, I won't waste my money then.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Cat

I haven't tried any of the other ones, I just keep buying more feather ones. Couldn't hurt to order one of the others and see how it goes.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 10:38 PM
Cool Cat

Mine love the cat catcher which fits as an attachment on Da Bird toy. I think it's technically for the cat catcher toy but it also can fit on Da Bird which happens to have a longer string.

It looks and feels like a little mouse and my cats go crazy for it.

Cat Catcher Do Mouse Replacement Mouse Cat Toy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

I have to admit that I have never heard of Da Bird. What is it like?
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Premier Cat

We've also had the little mouse attachment, and that one worked pretty well too. The difference with the mouse attachment was that the "string" was actually wire, so Murphy can chew on it to his heart's content and it won't break. That's all he really cares about, is having the wire to chew on. (The boy is obsessed.)

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks for the suggestions folks~

The reason why I don't want to buy a new type of attachment just to try it out is, I live in Canada and has to order from US. The cost is a lot higher especially with shipping included and takes long time to ship. So I don't want to waste money on something my cats won't like. I will take a look at the mouse thing and see if it's cheaper or available in Canada

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianwen View Post
I have to admit that I have never heard of Da Bird. What is it like?
Check it out

It's THE best rod toy for your cats! The rod is really long and entire air dynamic design is great, so the feather looks like a real bird in motion. My cats got so excited with it! I know my Meatball is a great leaper, but I never know she can jump THAT high Also my Metoo made this kind of aggressive "Grrr" sound (like the one dogs make to protect their favorite bone) when she caught the "bird". She never did that before. Obviously she loves the toy very much

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Cool Cat

Funny, my Little Pumpkin rarely jumps up high where her feet are no longer touching the ground except when I use the mouse attachment on Da Bird. She is kind of plump and seeing all four paws off the ground as she jumps and does back flips is hysterical. My Oreo prefers the cat charmer toy and she jumps so high because she is skinny and has long legs.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Cool Cat

Yingying, can I ask where you got Da Bird? The cheapest I've found is something like $30 including shipping and I don't want to spend that much on it.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Cat

This thread finally inspired me to buy a Da Bird!

Got it online for $20.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page