World's Best Cat Litter - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

World's Best Cat Litter

So found a full rebate offer for a 7 lb bag of the WB cat litter. Bought a bag last night along with a new litter box. I set the WB cat litter box next to our current litter box containing recycled paper pellets and my kitty took to the WB immediately - #2 last night and #1 during the night.

I really love the light texture and smell right out of the bag but noticed the smell was a bit 'funky' this morning. Thinking of buying some Arm & Hammer baking soda litter deodorizer to sprinkle on it. I'm allergic to perfumes so can't buy any scented litter.

Has anyone had any experience with this litter - your thoughts - and, if anyone has had issues with the smell, has anyone tried sprinkling baking soda on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned

I am currently using World's Best. I do like the clumping abilities and I really do not notice any 'funky' smell..I have found that if poop is left in there for a while, there is a stench to the litter. I just put a bit more on top, spray with deodorizer and it does go away~ eventually! But I noticed that with the last litter I was using--Blue Buffalo. I did like it but I found that there was a brown(walnut shell), coating on everything-after a while...
this is my first full box of just the World's Best...so we can compare notes..
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Upon closer inspection and shoveling did find a 'piece' I had overlooked so that was probably why the 'funky smell'.

I was a bit disappointed just a few minutes ago to see her using the box with the recycled paper pellets. Was hoping to get rid of the pellets as they're dark gray which makes the treasure hunt more difficult - also they don't clump and feel it isn't as sanitary.

Will continue to monitor and keep you posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Premier Cat

I used WB religiously for a long time. Until I moved. When I cleaned out the walk in closet where MOw's litter box was there was a film of ....dust... all over EVERYTHING.

I don't mean, brush it off and pack the item. I mean a thick layer of dried sludge that had to be scrubbed off of things. It was WAY dustier than I ever imagined and since I have two covered boxes it made me nervous. I switched to a less dusty brand.

Also, I add a LOT of water to MowMOw's canned food (history of UTIs) and a fair amount to Shepherd Book's food and they pee a LOT. I was going through a little over a bag a week of WB and I just couldn't afford that.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

I tried it once, for a very short period of time. I too noticed an odd smell, but the dust is what got me. That just can't be a good idea. We went back to Dr. Elsey's after that.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

I tried it and really liked it at first. Then I came home one night and for the first time, I knew I had cats in the house - from the smell. I never before experienced that. ewwwwwwwww

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Cat

I was coming here tonight to post about cat litter, so I'm glad this thread is up!

I have used the clumping clay litter for years, but I got so tired of the dust everywhere that I'm looking for something new. I tried Feline Pine, and I like it pretty well except it too is dusty. Now I'm trying Yesterday's News, but the pellets don't scoop well. My scoop picks up a scoop full of unused pellets that won't sift through the scoop. That's no good.

So any suggestions? My main goal is low dust in addition to easy clumping/scooping. Thanks!

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoofmaiden View Post
I tried it once, for a very short period of time. I too noticed an odd smell, but the dust is what got me. That just can't be a good idea. We went back to Dr. Elsey's after that.

Does Dr. Elsey's litter have lower dust than World's Best Cat litter? I've been using World's Best Cat litter for a while... tried a few other ones but I really hate the dust. How come you tried to switch from using Dr. Elsey's?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Tom Cat

I have tried pretty much every litter out there. Worlds Best is the one that my dogs would eat big mouthfuls of, just the litter, not even going after poops. And it was WB and Feline Pine that I was using when my mother in law said "I can smell your litter box...."

I prefer Arm and Hammer multi cat and Cat Attract. Cat Attract can be expensive so I mix them sometimes.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

I consider it the World's Worst Litter. Like others have mentioned, the only time I've ever had anyone tell me that they could smell the litterboxes was when I used it.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page