Caught a cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Caught a cat

it is a male tabby orange- I made a thread about it here https://www.catforum.com/forum/56-fer...stray-cat.html a few months ago. I think he has a home. He is very tame, has been shaved but not neutered. He has let me and my sister touch him. I have him in the bathroom right now because he is kind of riled up after being in a cage all night. Once calm i will switch Fat Albert into the bathroom and let the orange one out to walk around the kitchen and living room a little. Albert ain't happy mommy is in the bathroom with another cat(the dogs aint either) but I am going to stay in here,lol . He is open mouth panting right now so I am making sure he isn't over-heating or anything. My parents still dont know I have him..... (they knew I was trying to catch a kitten though).

I hope they let me try to find a home for him or his original home. I am putting a flier up at the gas station saying "found cat"- if you think it is your call *****". I am not going to even put a color on it because the people around here always want an excuse to shoot an animal.

here are his pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
Tom Cat

I hope someone claims him. Sadly, if he's not neutered he might be someone's pet who was put outside due to marking. He needs to be neutered. Poor guy. Hope he at least finds a home if he doesn't have one.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Premier Cat

You might also put up a flyer at local vets' offices. Hope you can find his owner or a new owner who will adopt him. good luck!

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I would put on up at the vets office but the closest one is over 30 miles away. I just put one up at the gas station and put an add on CL. The kitty has now ventured out into the living room and was sitting on the couch beside me. but when I left to put the flier up hid under the ferret cage. He is still there but I will give him time. My mom works with some older people that may want him, if they are cat people. He likes to sit on your lap and has a very loud purr.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Orange isn't common in the cats around here so I'm sure I can find him a home fast. Most the cats here are either black or have calico markings(orange,black,white all mixed together).
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Okay I need some reassurance guys. Im on a dog forum and there is a person basically saying I am a bad person for taking this cat in. That i should have just let him go and hopefully he finds his way home. And that if they found out someone accidentally trapped their cat(that they let outside) they would be P*** at me and would let me know it. I thought I was doing a good thing? yes, he is not comfortable in the house but I was thinking maybe he was an outside cat or if he was an inside cat that got out. He is just scared of being trapped then brought into a strange house.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Tom Cat

I would say you're doing the right thing, he could get hit by a car outside, even if he is used to being outside. If someone cares they will be looking for him. I don't think they should be mad at you whether their cat accidentally got out or they leave him out all the time.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Cool Cat

I would take him to the vet to scan for a microchip, and call the local shelter to see if he's been reported missing, if you haven't already.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
Tom Cat

I think youre fine as long as you make a good effort to find the origional owner. Since he's been shaved and looks healthy, he likely has an owner, but if he isn't one you see around often, it's also likely he just got out. Flyers, CL, and notifying the shelter are good, I would also ask around to some of your close neighbors and see if they know who's he is.

Last edited by jadis; 07-26-2012 at 11:18 AM.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I called AC and no one has reported a missing cat. I see him often. I asked some neighbors and they also see him sometimes. How can you tell if a has been shaved or if he just lost his winter fur?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page