Yoga instructor? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Yoga instructor?

I had picked up a yoga CD a while back and since I can FINALLY get up and down off the floor I gave it a shot tonight. Book watched with interest and MowMow ignored me...UNTIL I got on the floor.

It totally wigged Mow out. He jumped off the bed and pawed, poked, licked, and nudged me while HOWLING the whole time. He looked like he was yelling "Man down! Man down! MEDIC!".

I finally had to lock him out but he cried outside the door until I let him back in. Not his typical locked out tantrum but like he was really distressed. I let him back in but he stayed concerned until I stood up... then he went back to the bed to supervise quietly.

Yeesh! What gives with the overprotective cat?

ETA: I LOVED the video. My back and muscles feel fantastic and loose.

Last edited by MowMow; 07-26-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Premier Cat

How cute is that! Hes really worried about you!

I have a cat calendar for this year of cats doing yoga poses! Its a hoot.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 12:53 AM
Cat Addict

Aww sweet boy!! Sinatra would probably just stare...

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

Becky, the proud momma of:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Tom Cat

I was doing alot of yoga last year (I should start again) and it really upset my dogs. They would pace around and walk back and forth over me. I guess in their mind we aren't supposed to be on the floor.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:21 AM
Cool Cat

I think it's cute he's so worried about you. He could be a Service Cat - just teach him to dial 911

Io does this when my partner (but not me, HMMMM) plays what he calls "dead man". He just lies on the floor not moving and the cat gets more and more worked up about it until she bites his nose.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Tom Cat

Too funny! Somebody is always on the floor here so our cats would be like, Meh, whatever, dude. I guess that's one benefit of living in a household with adults, kids, and teenagers... not much fazes them. Often there is someone sleeping on the floor.

I used to do Yoga on the wii fit but I haven't in a long time, since the wii got moved to my son's room. I liked it, maybe I should get a dvd. Ollie will probably try to do the poses since he is a copy cat.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Nan
Cool Cat

When you're on the floor, you are supposed to be playing with him...not doing funny motions and ignoring him!

They will probably get used it it, the more you do it & they realize there is nothing "wrong" with you.

I used to do alot of exercise dvds...really need to start again. It's that motivation thing. But I do have to watch to make sure a kitty isn't where I need to put a body part, espeically with kicking motions...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Premier Cat

I can just hear Mow yelling for the medic. How sweet. When I am on the floor stretching or exercising Bob rolls around and head butts me and will do anything that he can to get my attention. He thinks it's our special time..lol.

I have tried yoga, tai chi, and stretching and have found all of it to be wonderful for my muscles and balance.

I have done the same stretching routine almost nightly for over 2 years and can always tell if I have missed a night, or two. I add different ones if I am having a problem with a specific area (for example if my hips are hurting).

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:51 AM
Tom Cat

I adopted Ritz from a home that had no television or DVD/VHS player. So I get her home and the first time she comes out from under the sofa what does she see on tv: an exercise program! She just kind of looked at it and walked away. She had the same reaction last week when I did a yoga class on one of the cable tv channels. Ritz was interested in the smell of the yoga mat but not much else.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

MowMow is over it now. He just perches on something and watches me. Shepherd Book on the other hand has decided that since I'm there it's a good time to rub all over me and rumble like a diesel engine. I finished up this mornings deep relaxation with him rubbing all over my big toe......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page