Gosh haven't you and I had this discourse before. ( along with my horrible punctuation and spelling and your perfect smarmy writing!)
This can get you started if you really want to know
To become an effective No Kill Advocate you should arm yourself with the following information.
I really think if you do just the first one you'd grasp it is possible and happening. You are thoughtful and intelligent. this book would speak to you.
1. REDEMPTION... Read the book Redemption: "The Myth of Pet Overpopulation and the No Kill Revolution in America" by Nathan Winograd.
Order Redemption for your E book or PC...
Read Redemption in a "Cliff Notes" like version NOW...
2. STRAYED...Until you can get your hands on a copy of Redemption please watch the following excellent video by Mike Fry and Beth Nelson.
3. NO KILL 101...The No Kill 101 Primer addresses public health/safety and cost issues, as well as the excuse of "pet overpopulation" and the myth that open admission shelters cannot be No Kill. We encourage you to use it to educate shelter directors, city council members, the media, and others in your community that No Kill is a humane, effective, sustainable, cost-effective model that works hand in hand with public health and safety, while fulfilling a fiscal responsibility to taxpayers.
4. DOLLARS & CENTS... The Economic Benefits of No Kill Animal Control...A Guide for Public Officials...
5. NO KILL EQUATION.. The only set of life saving shelter policies that have ever resulted in a no kill community.
No Kill Advocacy Center | No Kill Equation
6. Nathan Winograd, founder of the No Kill Advocacy Center, describes the programs and services generally referred to as the No Kill Equation. What does it take to end the killing of healthy and treatable animals in shelters? Find out my watching this webinar.
7. I WAS THERE... One volunteers view of a shelters transition to no kill... by Valerie Hayes
I was there: one volunteer's view of a shelter's transition to No Kill - Atlanta animal welfare | Examiner.com
8. WISH YOU WERE HERE by Jennifer Winograd...
Wish You Were Here : Nathan J Winograd
9. CAN YOU NEUTER YOUR WAY OUT OF KILLING?...
Can You Neuter Your Way Out of Killing? : Nathan J Winograd
10. The No Kill Revolution Starts with You by Ryan Clinton
The No Kill Revolution Starts with YOU : Nathan J Winograd
11. SPEAK THE TRUTH WITH BOLDNESS... Anne Stark in Frostburg, Maryland speaking to her local government about the no kill philosophy. Great job Anne!
12. DEBUNKING PET OVERPOPULATION...
Debunking Pet Overpopulation : Nathan J Winograd
13. PET OVERPOPULATION MYTH... by Mike Fry.
14. THE DARK SIDE OF MANDATORY LICENSING AND NEUTER LAWS...
15. MANDATORY SPAY NEUTER SACRIFICING ANIMAL LIVES TO IDEOLOGY...
Dogged Blog: Mandatory spay/neuter: Sacrificing animal lives to ideology
16. AVMA: SAYS MANDATORY SPAY/NEUTER A BAD IDEA
AVMA: Mandatory spay/neuter a bad idea
17. FixAustin.org Joins the National Consensus against Mandatory Spay Neuter Laws...
The FixAustin.Org Blog: Why We Join the National Consensus Against Mandatory Spay/Neuter Laws
18. IF RENO NEVADA CAN BE A NO KILL COMMUNITY THEN NO OTHER COMMUNITY HAS AN EXCUSE...
Reno Leads the Pack : Nathan J Winograd
19. REFORMING ANIMAL CONTROL...
20. REFORMING ANIMAL CONTROL... A dynamic presentation by Ryan Clinton from Fix Austin. Clinton will share tips for moving your local animal control to the no kill model, whether or not they are on board with your effort. Lear how Fix Austin transformed their city from a high-kill methodology to one that embraced the No Kill Equation, and learn what you can do in your community to achieve similar results.
21. COMPANION ANIMAL PROTECTION ACT...
No Kill Advocacy Center | Companion Animal Protection Act
22. SECTION 1983 TO THE RESCUE...
Section 1983 to the Rescue : Nathan J Winograd
23. THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NO-KILL MOVEMENT AND THE TRADITIONAL SHELTERING MODEL is that the no-kill movement is based on the belief that people are the solution to the death of animals in shelters, while traditional sheltering is based on the belief that people are the cause of the problem. By Cristie Keith
Home Page - Vetstreet
24. ARE YOU ENABLING THE NEEDLES KILLING OF SHELTER PETS..."Our battle for a No Kill nation is not against the public. It is against the cowards of our movement who refuse to stand up to their colleagues and friends running shelters that are mired in the failed and defunct philosophies that allow (indeed, cause) killing."
Are You Enabling the Needless Killing of Shelter Pets? YesBiscuit!
25. THE BANALITY OF EVIL by Nathan Winograd
"For all the talk of paradigm shifts, infrastructure improvements, the programs and services of the No Kill Equation, we are, in the end, fighting against individual people who hold the power over life and death. These are people who have proven that they are not equal to the task before them. People who do not give us, and the animals, what we have a right to expect. In short, they are people who must be called to account no matter how “nice” they seem when you meet them."
The Banality of Evil : Nathan J Winograd
26. SIGN THE NO KILL DECLARATION:
Declaration of the No Kill Movement in the United States
27. DOES THE ROAD TO NO KILL LEAD THROUGH ASILOMAR?
A No Kill perspective on the Asilomar Accords