Cat Forum banner

Cat has gone missing.

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Mays 
#1 ·
It's been 3 days. He went at about 10PM on Wednesday. All my 4 cats go out, but they're always back in. He normally comes back in, or stays in the garden. Before he vanished he was acting strange. He was behind the door, I called him, he came up to me, then jumped in the air, hissed and ran down the stairs. His mother is Feral and we've had him since he was really young, we've trained him to become a proper cat. He has never done this before, and I'm really worried.

I've gone out to call him, put posters up, phoned around at Vets and Kennels but nothing :(

He is 22 months old, and not a friendly cat. He's also a hunter, and has NEVER done this before.

#3 ·
Sprinkle some of his used kitty litter around the outside of your house. Put a "lost" ad on Craigslist. Look for him at night using a flashlight so you can see the reflection in his eyes.

#5 ·
I had a cat go off for about 2 weeks, and then showed up as if nothing happened, a bit thinner tho. Don't give up hope. His behavior sounds very strange before he left, as if maybe something wasn't right physically.....being in pain? or something weird like a burr caught in his belly fur that poked into him and made him jump? It could be anything.....sorry. I hope he comes back as he doesn't sound like a cat that would approach or let strangers pick him up. Good luck!

#7 ·
What has worked for my group with a missing skittish cat is to set a covered hav a heart trap with food in it, in the area last spotted. Keep a constant eye on the trap so you can retrieve it once your cat is caught in it. Have your vet on stand by to bring him in.

Good Luck

#16 ·
I'VE GOT HIM! :wiggle :grin: 8O :D :luv :)

I saw him across the street again, and he was in a friends' garden, so I ran out, got my brother to help, and we got food for him, he ran towards it so I picked him up and ran him indoors.

I gave him food, at the moment, he has eaten 6 SHEBA tins. 6.

Thank you everyone for your help! :worship

#19 ·
I am so glad you were able to catch him finally. He must have been terrified out there and very hungry, to eat 6 sheba cans of food. Poor baby. Maybe he shouldn't be allowed outside anymore after this. How are the others reacting to him being home again? Post pics if you get the chance.

#20 ·
Drunk 4 bowls of water, too! I'll post a picture later, his fur is out, all dirty, he's sitting beside me rolling over :) My phone is charging so I can't yet.

Uhh, I've tried to guard him from the others, but his 'friend' started grooming him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.