Anyone watch "My Cat from Hades" on Animal Planet? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Anyone watch "My Cat from Hades" on Animal Planet?

[No, not Hades, but the board's censor routines won't let me put the show's real name in the thread title.]

Interesting show. A wide range of breeds, along with behavioral, situational, and environmental problems. I sometimes think there is more going on "behind the scenes" than we are privy to, as the transformations are sometimes dramatic (also, as with any other reality TV series, we never get to see the failures, just the success stories.)

I do occasionally think that some of the pet owners featured have no business owning pets.

Still, as one with 5 cats in the house, of varying ages, genders, and temperments, it's an interesting viewing experience that occasionally shows past feline behaviors, situations, or incidents I can identify with.

Last edited by heavyharmonies; 07-28-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Tom Cat

Yes, I try to catch it each week. I have to keep the sound down low so my cats
don't freak out over the screaming cats on the show.

Some of the people on this show really touch my heart with how much they love
their fur babies but others just make me wonder why they ever brought
a cat home at all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Cool Cat

Yes, I've seen all the shows since it started. It is amazing how Jackson Galaxy works with these felines. Since he endorses the Spirit Essences line (calming aids for cats), I would imagine this helps the cats progress with their behavior issues. I don't remember ever hearing him talk about this product on the show though. However, if you go to his website, it is there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Premier Cat

Ive been trying to catch it online. Animal Planet has attempted so many cats shows that were lame. This one is very interesting. I like him because he is coming from a rescue perspective a lot of times. Its not like listening to someone from Cat Fancy magazine.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess View Post
Ive been trying to catch it online. Animal Planet has attempted so many cats shows that were lame. This one is very interesting. I like him because he is coming from a rescue perspective a lot of times. Its not like listening to someone from Cat Fancy magazine.
I love this show, and I especially appreciate this refreshing support of rescue, spay/neuter, TNR, etc. I agree that some of the people frustrate me. But there are also a lot of people who really are trying to do the right thing and just need a little help.

I follow Jackson on Facebook and he has some really helpful advice and goes into more detail than on the shows.

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Tom Cat

yup, and I LOVE it!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Premier Cat

Hubby and I watch it every weekend and love it.

Btw, Jackson not only endorses Spirit Essscences he is the Owner and president. He co-founded Little Big Cat so he truly knows what he is talking about!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Premier Cat

They showed TNR on the last episode. But it was a bit deceptive. Like what he did is all TNR is about. Just putting out a trap and waiting. Then it showed him driving away with the trapped cat in the front seat of his car!!

I put down water proof bags in the back of my suv to transport cats. Then it didn't show him returning it, neutered and vaccinated and back to its area. I wish they had made that a little more clear.

One of the problems we face doing TNR is people who want us to remove cats from their area. They treat us like were animal control and when they cant get us to do what they want in removing the cat it gets ugly They don't want to help us support a colony and feed them and make sure they are safe & healthy.

Otherwise I really like his show.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

In all fairness, TNR is not the focus of this show. There's only so many minutes of programming in a 30-minute episode once you subtract the commercials, and to devote airtime to what is in actuality a peripheral aspect of the topic at hand just isn't realistic.

I don't know that ANY treatment of the issue within the constraints of this show would serve it as well as you'd like. At least he mentions it.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Premier Cat

Yes, I've watched it and most of advice is spot one....tho I find it amusing that every episode he says....."this is the worst case I've seen." C'mon Jackson, not the worst case every time...seen some worse than what is portrayed. Yes, I agree I'm sure they don't tell all the stories...just the success stories and not the failures.

"There are no ordinary cats.";"Time spent with a cat is never wasted."~ Colette
"A loving cat can mend a wounded heart." ~ Unknown Author
Alkitotle aka "Alkee", "Lambie" (July 2/04 - Oct. 2/15) -- white Devon Rex
in avatar. "Always in my heart."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page